1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Some pictures from my trip..

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Turtle, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

May 12, 2008

Venice would be nice to go to...
  2. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    That's damn cool D. Glad you could slip away for a bit. With the other half of my bonus I get in a year I'm taking my mom to Greece since she's never been out of the country.
  3. Goron

Goron Guest

Rhodes is the only place I've ever been to that I swore I'd return to one day. The rest of Greece is nice and all, but that ominous cloud of smog that looms over Athens made all the islands much more pleasurable to visit.
  4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Thats awsome, I wish someday the wife and I could go, thats amazing there...BTW how long did it take you to get there? and was the international travel through airports a pain? or was it pretty easy?
  5. Turtle

Turtle Guest

It took us about 24 hours door to door on the way back. Techinically it could be faster if you do a straight flight but we did a few connections to save money.
    Most flights go into Frankfurt Germany and then you fly to where ever from there. The flight from DC to Frankfurt was 8 hrs and on the way back it was the same into Philly.
    From Frankfurt to Innsbruck was like 2 hrs and from there we took the train into Italy, about 2 hours to Bolzano and another 3-4 to Venice.
    All those times are in the air so if you figure in waiting on runways and at the gates and customs and immigration and security lines it adds up fast.

On the way home we got up at 6am local time (Innsbruck), 1am EST and got back at 12am EST.

Overall though the travel wasn't too bad as long as your not popping in and out of places. Since we had a couple days in each place it split up the travel.
  6. Turtle

Turtle Guest

These are mostly scenery pics but inside many of the museums and churches there are amazing art pieces (which cameras are not allowed in). Plus the food which you can't exactly capture in a picture is outstanding if you find the right places and drop some Euro.
  7. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

Hugi figured if D went on vacation he would have pics from this place

becuase he would have prolly got hammered opened his trap and got knocked out.
    Than when he woke up they would have moved him to here.

That to Hugi would be a typical Big D vacation.
  8. Turtle

Turtle Guest

In all my trips out of the Country...Canada, Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Germany, Austria, and Italy I can say for 100% certain I got hammered on every trip. I can also say for 100% certain I had no problems in any of those Countries.
    But hey, no one expected for all of KOC to act like Adults on one thread, especially one posted by me.
  9. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 9, 2006
  10. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 5, 2008
    First pic reminds me of Alaska. Great scenery.