1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some PvP Templates

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by imported_JediSith, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Been thinking of a good template for pvping..

120 Ei
    120 magery
    120 Resist
    120 fencing
    100 inscription
    90 tactics
    40 med

elf 110 125 10 stats

Equiped with

RBC
    Hat of Magi
    fey leggings
    totem of the void
    arcane shield
    high resist & mana regen gorget/sleeves/gloves.
    warfork with high HCI
    rings with 2/6 with high hci

or a tank pvp

120 Ei
    120 parry - to allow character to take a bit of damage
    120 magery
    120 Resist
    120 wrestling - for disarm
    100 inscription - extra spell damage
    20 med

elf 110 125 10 stats

RBC
    Hat of Magi
    fey leggings
    totem of the void
    arcane shield
    high resist & mana regen gorget/sleeves/gloves.
    maybe scappers spellbook
    rings with 2/6 with high hci

2. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

I have a friends that plays template B. He does VERY well but he has been playing for 10 years!

The players I know that try template A run into a few problems.

They can easily be disarmed or have their stam dropped to nothing making their swing speed a joke. Because there dex is lower then a true dexxer.

They usually have mana issues more then a "straight" mage because they need to have a higher dex, again for higher swing speed.

3. Mr Mischief

Mr Mischief Guest

From all of my template testing on the TC lately, I've come to find that necro/mage and scribe/mage work best, necro for soloing, scribe for fielding with others.

I wasn't impressed with modern tanks, because of the potential for disarm basically ruining your day, as well as requiring mana to basically get your melee to do even suitable damage make for a major drawback.

Definantly viable, you just have to be quick on your feet for it to work.

4. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

Even to just be able to use weapon specials you need 90 tactics. If you want to add poisoning you need to subtract from the mage portion of your template to make things work.

UO seems to be working towards a cookie cutter template game. Meaning everyone will be running the same templates. I really hope if they come up with some nice new skills in the next expansion they give us some more SKILL POINTS to be able to actually use them!