1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some questions on Account ect

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Shaydow, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Shaydow

Shaydow Guest

A few questions from a returning player.

I am currentlly on the 14 day free trial ( day 4 now ). Ive decided I will be playing again, and i would like to get Mondains Legacy. If I purchase it and add it to my account, will it take away the remaining days of my 14 day trial or add to it? ( yes Im alittle stingy sometimes. )

Also I downloaded the KR client trial from whatever site was listed on UO's site. I can only launch the KR client and not the old 2d client however. The FAQ on UO says after the patcher there is a selecter for 2d or 3d. I dont get one. I just hit ok and the game launches. How do I run 2d?

Thanks for your time.

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm not sure how it go with trial account. I geuss to be safe just wait till almost the last day of the trial to add the ML code.

For the clients the KR client and 2D client both need to start differently .
    You also need both clients installed on your PC . The old 3D client is replaced by the KR client. When 3D was still working you could choose how to start with 2D or 3D. That can not be done with KR client.

3. Shaydow

Shaydow Guest

Thank you for your reply.

I see, is there a download for the 2D client somewhere, or should I really use my old disks lol?

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

how old are the disks? could use them and then just go to the patch ... .. ..

and come back a day later when it's done :D

5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Thats what i did...found my old AOS case and thought "hmm...i used to love this game!!!" installed it waited the hours!!!and HOURS!!! to patch...and boom im back!!! after about idk a month that was it i had to buy ML

6. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

You can upgrade to ML right away and it will not affect your trial period, what will happen is as soon as your trial period is over, whatever billing method you decide to chose will apply.

7. Shaydow

Shaydow Guest

The EA online store tells me my account has to be older then 30 days to purchase anything, how can I resolve this? It does not seem to make much sense, and I would rather not start again.

8. Shaydow

Shaydow Guest

If anyone is interested or this comes up in thier search :

I ended up buying ML from Direct2Drive ( it was like 2 bucks more then EA store ), and was able to use the code on my trial account. HOWEVER, it still shows me as having 10 days left on trial with ML unlocked, so Im not sure yet if I screwed myself on the 30 days free with ML purchase or not. D2D also let me download the ML 2d client, and patching wasnt TO bad, and the client download only took like 20 minutes on high speed cable. So now I have both KR 3d and a 2d client on my computer with all expansions.

Hope this helps.

Peace,
    Shay

P.S = not being able to buy anything from the EA store for 1 month PER ACCOUNT is really very silly, I was going to buy 2 tokens for the mount and the soulstone as well, but now you have to wait for that revenue. I was also going to buy the ML code from your shop, very silly that you offer a new user code for ML but require a 30 waiting period in order to buy it. I even CALLED on the phone customer support, they told me thats just the way it is, but the guy at CS agreed with me, its awfull dumb.

9. Anal_Ferret

Anal_Ferret Visitor

I read about the trial but couldnt use it((
    during the registration procedure it says I should purchase and enter the 30-days code..
    =(

Am I too dumb for a trial? =(