1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some revealing questions

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Anon McDougle, Jul 23, 2008.

1. What reveals you snooping or stealing ??

how do i practice stealing from a packy do i have to be in guard zone and have it guard me ??

2. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Well nowadays in Fel you can be revealed while hidden just by the passive code.

In Tram you will be revealed by stealing, you didnt get revealed by snooping the last time I tried it but it has been a long time since I bothered with snooping.

To steal from a packy you need to be in Fel and no you dont need to be in a guard zone

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Both can I believe (it's been so long since I trained either of those skills). You need to be in Fel to steal from a packy, and yes, make sure it is guarding you or there is a great chance you'll be zapped by the guards...la

4. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Snooping may or may not reveal you. The higher your snooping skill the less chance you have to be revealed.

Stealing will always reveal you. The moment you activate the skill you are revealed, even before you steal something.

A training guide can be found here:

www.uoguide.com/Stealing

(I know site is down at this moment, will be back up soon)

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You can practice stealing in Trammel, but you need to do it near NPCs. If you don't want to be guard-whacked, do it in Buc's Den. The NPCs will make all kinds of alarming comments, but you should be safe and you should gain, as well. Don't need a pet either. Just bring a box or a bag, put it on the floor or a table, and put the items you want to steal in it and then start practicing your stealing. Pick up the container occasionally and put it in a different spot so you don't lose it to decay.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Snooping can be done in Trammel... and does it matter if it reveals you.... I don't think it does but... I just had a good friend empty their pack and fill it with as many bags as they could.... and just snooped away... that GMed VERY fast... as for stealing you can do that with a beetle or packy in FEL..... I simply stood around where there were a bunch of NPC's cause I'm told having "witness's" around gives you more gains.... dunno why.... anyway happy stealing.