1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some still doing puzzles

Discussion in 'UHall' started by chm, Oct 6, 2009.

1. chm

chm Guest

Can anyone why fix for puzzle room still involves players doing puzzles(at least those that logged out at puzzle)?

2. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ya know, I saw one in there on Napa yesterday & I thought I heard the puzzle sound. Thought I was going :coco:. Guess I'm still sane (well justa lil :drool:)

3. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I read in another post (to lazy to find it) that someone said they had toons logged out in there and they tried to open the chest to get a puzzle and it was just an empty strongbox. Could be just saying that so they don't get booted but I would find that hard to believe seeming they are trapped in there anyway lol.

4. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had a char in there stuck because i had gone too early the day before they shut it down on pac and clicking the box didnt do anything for me...so it is shut down at least on pacific.

5. If you have a toon logged out in there then you can get a puzzle and the reward, iv tried it :thumbup:
    I dont think you can get booted but i used help stuck to get out.

6. shulginist

shulginist Guest

I had a few chars logged out there and was not able to get a puzzle either.

7. jerseyboy

jerseyboy Guest

i HAD my tamer in there, i posted screen shots of me getting a reward while it was blocked off... the first time i clicked the box it was an empty strong box, i logged in that toon next day and was able to do the puzzle, i tried to log on next day and was sittin in the middle of luna bank.... i dont have any other toons in there so couldnt really say if its possible to still do the puzzle...

8. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Someone previously mentioned that a GM has to come and manually "deactivate" the box every day after server up. I believe this to be the case now... I could not get a puzzle yesterday evening but I got one on a handful of characters earlier this morning. As of now, however, I cannot get one on my remaining characters.

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thats kind of dumb, why dont the GMs just put a box of walls around the puzzle box instead of having to mess with them every morning?

10. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

why not just fill that room up with Lich lords? hehe

11. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

I just checked LA on a char who is still logged out there and it said "You cannot use this" when I clicked the strong box. It is hard to believe that the shards are being treated differently on this issue as it seems.

12. maroite

maroite Guest

How are they being treated differently? It was explained that a GM has to come by and manually change the box after every server down. So... you just didn't get their before the GM.

Shards aren't being treated differently.