1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some Template help

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by calibek, Aug 30, 2009.

1. calibek

calibek Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

OK I just came back to UO and am getting ready for SA. I'm dusting off some of my old characters and came across one I haven't used in a long while, my Archer/Bard. I'm debating what I want to do with him. He isn't anywhere near skilled up completely and with 1-charge soulstone frags being craftable soon my template can be switched around and I need some help figuring it out. Here is what I had originally planned with him:

120 Archery
    120 Music
    120 Provoke
    120 Discord
    120 Peace
    80 Chiv
    40 Med

This archer/bard is more of a utility build for different things and not for one certain purpose. I need some major help with this template but not sure what I can change or what is the new standard anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I'm not worried about gear yet and with imbuing coming out getting the correct items shouldn't be too hard after a couple of months. Right now I just need help on my template.

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Lately, the most common thought is that peacemaking isn't really mandatory unless you're going out taming or helping a tamer.

With that in mind, dropping peace for tactics isn't a terrible idea.
    If you can keep your tactics low and find a few +skill jewels, then adding bushido would also help a ton.

So the final template would look like this:
    100 archery +20 (hunter's headdress if you can find one)
    120 music
    120 disco
    120 provoke
    90 tactics
    70-80 chivalry
    120 bushido

And you'll need +20 or 30 skills in any of the above to accomplish it if you keep chivalry at 70.

At that point, the idea is to use provoke to keep things from attacking you and discord to make killing them a lot easier. Combine it with lightning strike and honor to kill things more quickly.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Farsight's template looks good. Another option is:

120 archery
    120 music
    120 disco
    120 provo
    120 tactics
    70 chiv
    40 med

Remember, if you're using chivalry for healing, you want 4/6 faster cast/faster cast recovery. This means an ornament of the magician, a 1/3 ring, and bows with 1 fc.

4. Vaneca

Vaneca Guest

55-60 Chiv is enough. So you can save some more points.
    You will ofc fizzl EoO some times, aswell as Devines Fury, but otherwise its enough.
    Except if you want to rezz ppl with Noble Sacrifice or spam Holy Light, but for that you´d need many more skillpionts anyway.