1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some Thing that might make Siege more fun

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Spree, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Right now there are a lot of Solo players or people in small guilds. That don't have the members do stuff like champ spawns, treasure chests, peerless, or missed out on content like getting spider webs, crafting ingredients, etc.

My idea is to form an alliance called the Misfits of Siege. There will be no leader other than to run the membership. Each guild is free to do what they wish, so there is no guild politics or drama. Membership would be open to non faction guilds. Thieves and brigands are welcome as long as they obey the Code of Conduct

It would be nice to get some fun player run activities going. Be it RP, fight nights, or player run events.

Misfits of Siege Rules of conduct

-No killing NEW.

-No dry looting. Take items such as reagents, bandages, weapons and potions or items that will disable them from continuing to fight or to replace equipment lost earlier in the battle. Don’t take item that only have value to the owner such as clothing or to grief loot as to cut up their armor.

-No resurrection killing. Only if fight is not yet over and the target is attempting to regain their equipment so he may rejoin the fight.

-No mount killing. Most of time it will be a newer member of the Siege community, who may not be able to use an ethereal mount or afford a Charger of the Fallen.

-No member guilds shall attack other member guild without prior consent.

-No Alliances guilds are obligated to protect or defend other guilds. This alliance is for communication purposes only. Members should refrain from mass pvp, If that is desired they should form their own guild with in the group.

-Treat others how you would like them to treat you and to build community not tear it down.

-If victorious in battle will not gloat over the opponent's misfortune in game or on Stratics Siege board.

2. archite666

archite666 Guest

Awesome idea, I know there alot of people like to run solo and dont like the idea of being in guilds,but this would be a good way to sell stuff and exchange services.

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It would be most convenient if new guild would meet in single place at single time.
    It would make the locating and snooping most easy.

4. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

[​IMG]

sign me up and my guild - Lorddog

5. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable

Cash- that's the idea. This gives solo players a support system and a choice to interact. If you want someone to chat with or need to ask a question, jump in ally chat. If you want to be alone and not bothered, then you don't have to talk to anyone. There will be no vent or UOAM requirement. We can use Voon if voice chat is desired.

Spree and have talked alot about this and he put alot of thought into the idea.
    For anyone who is interested, contact Spree.

Lorddog- I have so many ideas for sigs using that pic!! *goes off to google*

6. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

who is Cash and where is ally chat?

Lorddog

7. archite666

archite666 Guest

Oh crap ****, when I listen to you speak it makes a sound in my front head like this....*ding*

No seriously I'm Cash, I know some people cant read sigs....and or have them turned off.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Cash is Archite666 - I must assume you have your settings at 'do not show signatures' Ally chat = alliance chat, in game.

9. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

Ally chat is the | key it right above enter it works the same way party chat does

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

This would be a great time for everyone interested to try out Voon. I am pretty sure private rooms can be created. A nice sized alliance could really put Voon to the test. In fact we could have any number of rooms going at once for separate activity.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Is there a limit on the number of guilds in an alliance?

Many solo types might wish to remain so for the most part and may choose to be a guild of one.

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It doesn't appear so. This is what the playguide says:

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*smiles* Thanks Petra, You are sweet for looking that up for me. I eventually would have. I just want to sit here and twitch for a bit after a long week. lots of dishes to wash during the holidays.

Another "devil's advocate question...

Are faction guilds able to ally with non faction guilds. I know this has been done in the past. Is that still a possibility?

14. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

*points at spree's post*

15. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

I don't know if faction can join an alliance any more but I think best to keep the faction drama out.

16. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Doh! I read the thing twice... *twitches*

17. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Eh?

18. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Great Idea?

19. archite666

archite666 Guest

the faction, non faction thing is weird.

I believe you need to ally first then one guild can join factions and be allied

and FYI when I was in JSV we had like 20 guilds in an alliance so the cut off is pretty high if there is one.

20. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Bad idea..you making rules for a solo player..epic fail...second of all half those rules are lame for pvp...

21. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Dude. There is more than just PvP to Siege. The PvP point of view has brought us to the point we are now. Give it a chance...

22. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

No, the developers doing nothing with the game brought us to where we are now...SP was build on pvp, sadly it was slowly turned into tram...which brought us to the point where we are now...

23. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

*disagrees*

Siege was created on NEED. One chr. per acct. only...meaning those whom do only own say one acct. and wish to PVP would NEED those whom build crafter only templates ...and those whom only have crafters might NEED those whom PVP.........ie Siege was built on NEEDING in a fel ruleset of everyone maybe some way or another needing other folks for something...unlike 5- 7 chrs. per acct. where we can be in theory...our own crafter pvper tamer and everything else.

Course many here DO own more than one acct. but there still are those whom NEED just the NON pvping crafter types here and we ARE still here...and we do NOT pvp at all...................... but we know we can be cannon fodder to anyone here........and we are still here cuz......we like it here *or something* :) cuz even our worst enemy just might NEED us for making em something or a res...if game mechanics allows...or for repairing their 1 use left on their gm or better gloves or goret..and maybe they can not repair em..without some of us to do it for em which we gladly do so that they CAN go kill them that can fight and do pvp...more fun for them to fight a fighter.. than offing us... many a time.

Siege was built on NEED.........players supposidly in theory needing other players templates .......in theory and not just pvpers...only for Siege...cuz if that was ALL that was permitted they would never get a table made or armor repaired if they only had fighting templates. Thus players whom do NOT pvp ARE HERE ...and remain here if they still feel ............and are needed here. So we stay.

24. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Are faction guilds able to ally with non faction guilds. I know this has been done in the past. Is that still a possibility?

:) kelmo !!!...............*points to her sig*........ :)

course no clue about new guilds forming though post this new faction stuffs...and tryin to ally. meh

25. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

You are incorrect. Siege was built for players with a different vision. PvP is just a part of it. If you dismiss everyone that does not PvP in the fashion you imagine, you are selling Siege short.

Ever crafter, PvMer, etc accepts PvP. We get it. Even most Pvpers get it. It is not a PvP shard. It is Siege.

26. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Spree we need to resurrect some remanents of player run towns and events. ATM there are many of us parked near old Iantown and Stonehaven both still have some homes in them around them ...for us all to try to set up 2 places where our lone players and misfits can ATTEND to see meet run into all the others like a reborn fight night reborn something in one player run town area and some tavern story night something gathering place bar something for 2 different sorts of hang outs with something bi monthly happening regularly at BOTH places ie an arena and some tavern.

WE have NO set hang outs left any longer hosting something every other week taking turns for player run events and.... we sorry NEED em, for us all to gather to be together..to live and or die ie have fun somewhere regular like !

Iantown Stonehaven are my suggestions for resurrecting SOMETHING for us all to attend once a week per place thus 2 nights month for the one and two nights a month for the other..........or GIL STONEHAVEN IANTOWN something !

*casts RES on player run towns homes events for Siege*

27. Phaheela

Phaheela Guest

I totally agree.

It would be great to see player run events taking a regular pitch at the events calender again.

Be even better if somethings occassionally happened at time when us brits could make them without having to attempt to still be awake at the puter at 4am to be able to attend.

Be'a

28. kahlia

kahlia Guest

Spree, I would be interested in joining with my small guild (or my multiple personalities). The rules look easy enough to follow and I would appreciate an occasional person to chat with.

My icq is 129990526. Thanks. =)

29. MatrixCubed

MatrixCubed Guest

Oh? Did we NEED soul stones? NEED overpowered faction items that are blessed and can be used against non faction players? NEED a new blessed spell book? What Siege NEEDS is to get back to basics...NEED balance..

30. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Don't get me started on SOULSTONES and frags. I have never liked those being bled onto SIEGE. Kinda defeats the purpose of NEED if someone has 120 soulstones and every template of every tamer fighter crafter on ONE CHR. PER ACCT. here owning multiple accts. of mega soulstoned skills .......but IT TOO all bled over to Siege with everything else. Meh.

*not even fond of pwr scrolls* for that matter nor most things post AOS ! :)

Once upon a time all one needed was a gm halley to layeth the smacketh down and it was not any fancy pantser artie martie balony items, twas skill based only over item$ and now some items *needed by some to pvp*cost way more than owning a castle !

Ah well.. all one can do is make the best of AGE OF STUFF...sort of like lil kids used to be thrilled to get *Monopoly* board game for Christmas now are not happy till they get ipods, xboxes and drivable toys the size of army tanks to make spoiled kids happy nowadays..in rl and game worlds its all about the BLING nowadays !

31. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Agreed :)

32. Sean

Sean Slightly Crazed

Here is the official write-up of Siege Perilous
    Siege has ALWAYS been more than just PvP, it wasn't born as a PvP shard and it isn't promoted as a PvP shard. It's promoted as a Veteran shard, a more difficult shard to survive on. :scholar:

33. Sean

Sean Slightly Crazed

BTW, Great idea Spree. Let me know how I can help. With your permission I'll link this thread over on UOForums.

Se'an Silverfoot

34. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I pretty much dismiss anyone that thinks one dimensional like that. I do hope they come around...

35. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'm in. Ive always wanted to run spawns or peerless, but I prefer to not be in a guild.

36. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Seems like a good idea to me, however, the dont attack without consent is not a good rule. Eliminates some of the risk to seige.

37. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

It just for the alliance members you can attack any one else you like .

38. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

PM me the guild names so I can get start getting it set up.

39. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

If I wasn't a member of GIL I would join...but then AGAIN i WOULD HAVE TO ACTUALLY PLAY BUT WHO CAN DO TAHT WITH THAT CRAPPY REBORN !!!!!

40. Lesa

Lesa Guest

good idea...but i like to jump around and yell "yiPEE" when i am victorious !!

41. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

I'm having technical difficulties setting it up i think i need to get GM to help.

42. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

What sort of issues are you having? There are some pretty savy guild/alliance leaders here that might be able to help.

43. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

I sent the first one to Lord Dog but i cant enter any more guild.

44. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Add the "Ratman appreciation tea society" to the alluance if you ever get it going!

45. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

How is it going here?

46. Sean

Sean Slightly Crazed

How ya making out Spree?

47. kahlia

kahlia Guest

Spree, did you give up on this idea? I sent a couple of PM's with no response. Or is this only open to certain guilds/chars? Let me know. Thanks. =)

48. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

I just resent it. I can only send them one at a time and the requests time out if they aren't accepted.

49. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Have patience Spree. This could be a wonderful thing.

50. kahlia

kahlia Guest

Thanks Spree. =)

I accepted the invite. I plan to be on alot more so will be chatting in alliance chat whenever I log on. Hopefully we can get enough people together to do some fun stuff.