1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some thoughts about the Origin Shard

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Olahorand, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hail,
    during the last years we have seen a decline of players, and (espeically after the account managment transfer with its stops of renewed payments for long paid accounts) more houses than ever did drop without replacement.
    Drachenfels is an example of a relatively empty shard, but yesterday I have seen, that compared to other shards it is still full.
    Origin is one of them, hard to play for us Europeans due to the high latency lag, but still possible. So I decided after a long time of doing not too much on the shard to wander around and look for vendors and potential IDOCs.
    Boah was I shocked.
    Its not only empty, its deserted in wide areas. The vendors even in Luna, if you still find any, are often unstocked and finding players outside the shards time zone to interact with is nearly impossible.
    This low population is really contradictionary to what a shard for testing new publishes should be.
    So what could be done to make the shard more popular again?
    Besides improved bandwidth I could imagine a few more things:
    If ever a second shard pool with Siege and Mugen is created to allow active players a secondary house, Origin should be in this pool.
    Eventually make it so, that unpaid and even unbound accounts can login anytime but only see this shard on the screen and have the same limits apply like for RTB accounts last time.
    Each active account while playing on Origin could have access to all expansions and booster packs (how else would they test new stuff?).
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Lord Frodo likes this.
  2. Akalabeth

Akalabeth Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Those are excellent ideas. I second all that was said.

3. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I play Origin and I have to agree with you on those points

4. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I play origin and its a great testing shard. Some people like the low pop shards so unless your talking shard mergers for mult shards keep origin the way it is

#4 Goodmann, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  5. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

...don't touch my shard..don't DO IT! :gun:

Yes the population is low....but it's nice! Everyone there, that lives there...knows one another..it's like one of those small country towns...I like it :)

Unfortunatly I had to let my account go inactive this month because Christmas is coming so every penny I can save right now is more pressies for my kids :) So I won't get any of the Christmas Gifts unfortunatly :( Sad about that! BUT....I like Origin the way it is....just need a few more hard-core *testers* to come play with me :)