1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some thoughts on the rarity of some gifts vs others - both past and present.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_DarkVoid, Feb 27, 2008.

1. To the EA/Mythic Dev Team, I know you all have been trying hard to please people on the shards with gifts and suchlike. However, I have a question on the rarity aspect of these gifts that are given out.

Why is there no way for a dedicated UO player to pursue a means of completing an item for a set other than trading for what they want in-game? I know gift publishes only last for so long, and once they're gone, they're gone for good.

Can the EA/Mythic dev Team put on the radar some sort of gift exchange or redemption quest or dungeon? I would not expect it to be easy, or if obtaining the rarer items was made like the gift distributions themselves were handed out originally, I'd happily go slay a hundred high level monsters or something equally difficult, but I would certainly do it if it meant completing a gift collection was one step closer.

I also have containers overfowing with around a thousand gifts left over from years past which serve no purpose other than as freebies or house deco, and I would like to see a turn-in quest for them which enables a lot of otherwise thrown away items to be redeemed for points towards getting a rarer and more desired gift item. Again i would not expect it to be easy, and again I would slay a hundred high level monsters if I had to. In this case the items should individually count points, there should not be a need to have a complete set of items handed out, as I know the Valentine's Day cards in particular get thrown away by the hundreds.

Perhaps there could even be a very special gift dungeon, where people can slay certain monster types that represent Holiday or seasonal characters and items are dropped in the loot template or directly awarded to the players as part of loot generated, the more sought-after gifts of course being very much rarer than the much more common ones. It would of course be periodically added to as gifts get handed out.

Gift loot could even be added to fishing or treasure map chest loot distribution, again it should occasionally drop, according to rarity.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

2. I completely agree with this. I was extreamly excited about the recent gifts, mainly white stuffies ( I collect white items in game ) and when my entire alliance didnt get one, I was extreamly dissapointed. I would adore a way to have a second chance at getting one in game, rather than paying someone 10mil + to obtain just one. I understand the concept of 'rare', but i feel the spawn rate of this was pretty ridiculos. I certainly hope the devs impliment something like this.

3. Your sure no whites?
    [​IMG]
    ..................2d..........,,,,,,,,,,,,,................KR

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Iam HOLIDAY collector...

i have full collections of all the snowglobes and bells

hell i have a full collection of statue names

i even have a full collection of reindeer and sleigh deed names!!!

i love the holiday season and the chance to make another collection complete...the stuffies are gonne be a different ball game totally...it did not take long to get all the other colours ,,but the 4 white ones...jeepers they are far to rare...we poss talking less than 10 peeps per shard in total got 1 white...thats assuming 1 in 500 chance and europa as 5000 players????

yah devs please look into 1-100 as top rarity even then out the 5000 players we are only gonna get 50 players with one in the market...but at least a chance ..instead of absoloute NOCHANCE......

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Still waiting for the hand in for ophidian invasion stuff such as snake skins and ophid orders!
    [​IMG]

6. <blockquote><hr>

Your sure no whites?
    [​IMG]
    ..................2d..........,,,,,,,,,,,,,................KR

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, are the people working on KR colorblind?

all i can see is your plain dragon appears to be white in KR. But that does me no good, even if i DID play KR I would want my item to look the same in both clients. clearly none of the plushie colors do in KR..... Although an actual white plushie does look white in both clients i am told. At least that is the impression i got from lord maplestone. he managed a white dwagon [​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, I hate stuff that encourages interacting with other people.
    Can we make it so that I can just macro AFK in the dungeon too? It would be so much easier for me.

8. Oh for pete's sake, are you going to interact with him and happily trade your white stuffies ? [​IMG]

I absolutely agree with the OP. Turn ins are just plain fun! UO should not be depressing!!! Some of the players are depressing enough, game should not be too!

The rairity of the white stuffie was poorly, poorly planned. I would like the person who okayed it to please explain why. ( I got one white bear)