1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Some vendor changes would be nice

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Olahorand, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The experience from the past shows some lack in vendor implementation, some of them can be filled with workarounds, some not.
    I would like to see following changes:
    - feed vendors with checks or directly from bank account (important for startup and high volume vendors)
    - find a more fair way of calculation for fees, which does not cost more that it earns for certain stuff given the time invested in maintaining vendors (example: full spellbooks)
    - show clearly (and not only after going to a submenu) that a contract is about to time out/not automatically renewed (I lost some vendors because house owners canceled the contract or changed and I got not notified. Sometimes I got them in the house sign, sometimes, if I had to stay offline for more than a week, not. Seeing clearly that a vendor is in danger while restocking would help.)
    - have characters from other accounts friended (especially on Siege I often cannot maintain my vendor, since the char is somewhere in the deeper dungeons and pull him out would be a hassle. A char from another account would be able to do the job on passing by. On normal shards this would help to overcome absences or allow the crafter on the second account or a friend to refill the stock directly.)
    - Lift weight limits on vendors (if they are still active, I remember I had problems with potion kegs in the past).
    - Maybe give a vendor an optical sign, which shows passing by players, that the vendor since some time has not been refilled or not sold anything - maybe with the name tag color or some additional tag in the name. This would help to avoid pointless clicks on empty vendors.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

2. [​IMG] Well what are you offering in trade?
    all I see is "easier to get/keep gold" ...
    what are you offering in trade?

- feed vendors with checks or directly from bank account (important for startup and high volume vendors)
    <font color=blue>Okay ... as is ... Not so bad an idea ...</font color=blue> just checks though ... not via bank ... with Just checks ... should be able to make just one round trip ... stock vendor and query for rwd cost, go to bank and gather the necessary checks, return and drop..124 millio and change ... should get you a few days ... agreed? ... provided that point 2 is adequately addressed ... sure ... G'head

- find a more fair way of calculation for fees, which does not cost more that it earns for certain stuff given the time invested in maintaining vendors (example: full spellbooks)
    <font color=blue>*ahem* you mean "less math" right?</font color=blue> 0.6% per 500gp per Real World Day(rwd) on regular shards ... (3times) 1.8% on Siege ... *shrugs* seems fair (recent math)

- show clearly (and not only after going to a submenu) that a contract is about to time out/not automatically renewed (I lost some vendors because house owners canceled the contract or changed and I got not notified. Sometimes I got them in the house sign, sometimes, if I had to stay offline for more than a week, not. Seeing clearly that a vendor is in danger while restocking would help.)
    <font color=blue>Well ... appears easy enough ... how about Not receiving any stock/vendor payments ... home owner has kicked me out? Expiration date=NOW ... time to packup-move out</font color=blue> *shrugs* Seems simple enough to fix ... if ya can't/forget to check just one more menu.

- have characters from other accounts friended (especially on Siege I often cannot maintain my vendor, since the char is somewhere in the deeper dungeons and pull him out would be a hassle. A char from another account would be able to do the job on passing by. On normal shards this would help to overcome absences or allow the crafter on the second account or a friend to refill the stock directly.)
    <font color=blue>No ... opens, Siege in particular, to "secondary account Abuses" ... normal shards are already having enough problems with whats in existence ... Just no for now.</font color=blue>

- Lift weight limits on vendors (if they are still active, I remember I had problems with potion kegs in the past).
    <font color=blue>Maybe ... IF it's purely an item count/weight problem ... probably need to address the rwd rate per item first</font color=blue>

- Maybe give a vendor an optical sign, which shows passing by players, that the vendor since some time has not been refilled or not sold anything - maybe with the name tag color or some additional tag in the name. This would help to avoid pointless clicks on empty vendors.
    [​IMG]<font color=blue>Sure ... unattended for a month .... Poof! no temptation to click ... died of neglect/poor planning ... /signed</font color=blue>

The "way gp is handled" on vendors ...
    could certainly bear a close examination ...
    When they charge their fees,
    whether or not they "refund" the monies they were paid,
    the entire system of "holding funds" for the operator resultant from sales ( Vendors are not intended to be used as banks. )

topic IS: vendor changes ... [​IMG] Aye?

3. - feed vendors with checks or directly from bank account (important for startup and high volume vendors)
    Buy a bod from yourself or have a friend buy a check on a vendor from you

Yes, it would be nice if they charged a fee only when the items were sold, but then people would use it as storage. However, they could do this if they also charge the fee when an item is just removed from the vendor and then add an option on a drop down menu when clicking on the item to change the price. Also if they did this they should let you use check to feed the vendor

This would help non-luna vendors compete as it take much longer to sell out in the boonies

I usually just say vendor browse or vendor look and all their packs open up, but not a bad suggestion

4. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If we're posting suggestions:

Make the vendor only accessible by the char that accepted the contract/placed it.
    That will prevent at least some of the people from using it as a bank. Nowadays you have a limitless bank that can be accessed by all 5-6-7 chars of an account. Which I think should not be the case.

I don't think you should limit the amount of gold on a vendor. High end vendors can sell 50m per day or so, so implementing a limit, unless it's really high, will hinder the owners.

5. I would like to be able to pay my vendors automatically from my bank. I have 40 vendors in three different locations, and it would be a lot more convenient to pay them directly from the bank rather than hauling my packy along to make sure I have enough gold to feed them all, as I keep them all paid five days in advance, and pull gold off them everyday (which already goes directly back to my bank, so the connection is already being used).

A really good point you make is that the weight limits on vendors should be raised (and yes, it's a weight limit, not an item quantity limit). I'd be able to keep more full kegs on my potions vendors, and as it's my most active vendor, I'd like to be able to stock more on her.

6. imported_Ally Oop

imported_Ally Oop Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What I would like to see is the amount of things on the vendor. How many you have and how many you can add on to her. It would save counting things in a container and adding 1 for the container and all the other odds and ends on her. Just my little input [​IMG]

7. <blockquote><hr>

What I would like to see is the amount of things on the vendor. How many you have and how many you can add on to her. It would save counting things in a container and adding 1 for the container and all the other odds and ends on her. Just my little input [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh good idea! [​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

[quote- find a more fair way of calculation for fees, which does not cost more that it earns for certain stuff given the time invested in maintaining vendors (example: full spellbooks)
    Yes, it would be nice if they charged a fee only when the items were sold, but then people would use it as storage. However, they could do this if they also charge the fee when an item is just removed from the vendor and then add an option on a drop down menu when clicking on the item to change the price. Also if they did this they should let you use check to feed the vendor

This would help non-luna vendors compete as it take much longer to sell out in the boonies

[/ QUOTE ]

The fee we have now is to high, it is killing vendors special on Siege. If all items was sold in one or two days, it would not be so bad but running a vendor away from town is very bad business, the vendor will eat up the profit and still ask for money.

My way to do it would be:
    1. Keep the fee we have now but make it a week instead of a day
    2. Make vendors charge in advance so you can't remove the item after 6 days and avoid the fee.
    - It should work so the first 29 min after you drop your item on the vendor, there won't be any fee but after 30 min the vendor will charge beforehand and then once a week.

This will help non Luna vendors who may use a week to sell an item. Players can't abuse it when the fee is paid beforehand, removing the item won't let you avoid the fee.

The 29 min free of fee is meant to be able to correct wrong prices without have to pay fee once more and to allow to use the vendors for secure trading of expensive items.