1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

someone who raised lockpick recently please help

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by phreephisher, Nov 14, 2008.

1. phreephisher

phreephisher Guest

trying to build a t-hunter as a change of pace char. need to gain lockpick, so i raised tinker/carp up to 30 each and made like 60 boxes. they were to easy after 25 skill, so i got a friend with around 50/50 to make me some and they are too hard. im guessing they changed it since my last lockpicker.

anyone know how i can get my lockpick up from 25?

2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

It's been some time since I trained that, but I seem to recall doing it with just two types of chest I think, one low level and the other GM. Still, you can try Port of Umbra just outside the west Umbra gate. There are training boxes there of various levels.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It's possible to train without purpose-made boxes by opening barrels on the various town docks and chests in the inns. Jhelom is particularly good, having 2 docks, Ocllo, Moonglow & Skara too. Gypsy & brigand camps have 1 level 2 and one level 3 container. The level 2s are always the more southerly container and may be a keg or barrel rather than a chest.

4. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

It hasn't been recent that I trained, but assuming things haven't changed, if you can gate, the easiest thing is to make a rune book of the docks. That is what I did...I just went in a circuit, and the barrels and such respawned by the time I finished a round usually. I think when I got to around 40 - 50 skill I was able to practice on the crates in the Vesper bank. After that I just did rounds of brigand and gypsy camps. Trinsic barrier island is great for that as they always have a couple of camps spawning at a time and it is right next to a GZ.

You probably already know this, but most of the containers are trapped, and some on the docks have L4 poison I think, so be careful if you want to loot the chests as well as pick them. My lockpick was also my alchemist so I found it amusing to grind out GC potions while I was poisoned, and cure myself. I carried a GH wand as well. :D

My community center house is still up, and has a complete set of lockpick training boxes on the porch that is public access. Each grouped set is for a different skill level but I forgot which set is for which level so you just have to try each group out and see where you get gains. The res ankh is right in front of my house if someone decides to "visit" while you are training. :)

[​IMG]

-Skylark

5. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The plateau at 25 is tough, but I will agree with those who are sending you around the docks and provisioners shops.

Definitely visit Sloan's house just outside of Umbra.

6. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Do ya have to be GM Locks to open paragon chests?

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

depends on what the paragon was. Paragons carry a chest the same level as the normal creature has maps, with a map one level higher in the chest.

eg titan's carry level 5 maps, so the chest is level 5 and the map inside level 6. Earth elemental on the other hand is a level 1 chest with a level 2 map inside.

8. phreephisher

phreephisher Guest

just wanted to say thanx for the info.