1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Something crazy going on with UO today.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Elaysia, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Elaysia

Elaysia Guest

I am not sure if it was the last patch, but now in Enhanced Client... everytime I or my friend tries to type chat... menus are popping up like crazy. It's as if we have alt held down. Anyone else?
  2. Elaysia

Elaysia Guest

I did get that menu asking if I wanted to change and I selected no leave it as it is... could that be what started it?
  3. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

Go to settings, then click input, then click legacy default.
  4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    When you logged in after the patch, there was probably a cryptic little dialogue box that asked if you wanted enchanced or classic settings. You probably selected the enhanced client settings which means it unchecked the "legacy chat mode" under user settings/legacy. With that chat system, you need to press enter first to start talking or else all the keystrokes are interpreted as macros/shortcuts.

I believe it was an attempt to draw attention to the legacy options in the user settings, but it doesn't tell you that.

( personally, I've gone back to the legacy chat - I need to avoid typing accidents more than I need all the extra shortcut keys )
  5. Elaysia

Elaysia Guest

Nevermind fixed it, but yeah it had to do with that menu I got. Went into Input and clicked default legacy, fixed the problem, but now no info under input at all, lol. Haven't tried reset, just gonna leave as is...
  6. Elaysia

Elaysia Guest

Thanks to both of you though.
  7. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

no i clicked do not change and it did anyways
  8. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 17, 2005
    same here. not sure why this gump was added at all. theres like 10 trillion things wrong with this awesome client that could use fixin