1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Something fishy on Stratics...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by hawkeye_pike, Sep 19, 2008.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I know that EA accepts Stratics as a semi-offical site, kindof like a UO knowledge and information base. Thus, using the Stratics weblink in game is allowed, while other links are not (for a good reason, if you ask me).

Concerning this, I am a bit astonished to find a lot of advertising for other MMORPGs (like World of Warcraft) on Stratics. I wouldn't be more irritated if I'd find WoW ads on the EA site.

I partly (if not fully) understand that ads on Stratics help to finance the costs of this site. But why does it have to be advertising for competitors? The Stratics team probably is going to say that you book an ad banner for gaming ads, and you cannot influence what games are advertised through this banner. Are there no alternatives that are less.... fishy?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

WoW isn't competiton to UO...where's you loyalty? ;)

Ads here are sold network wide...they show on all the Stratics sites.
    Nothing fishy...go look at some of the other gaming networks who also have title specific sites and you will see the same thing :)