1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Somewhat of an update...

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Dermott of LS, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Everyone has probably noticed that I've been a bit more quiet and have done a lack of updating, well, anything really.

Quite frankly, I'm very disappointed (had to find the right word there) with the current lack of support/enhancement/completion/etc that the EC has been receiving.

So I'm taking a break, going on strike, whatever you want to call it.

It's difficult to want to continue to try and support the client when we're seeing such a lack of support from the people who actually get paid to support said client.

The issues are those I have explained in the thread linked in my sig, so go there if there are any questions as to "why".

Besides, maybe a break will do me a bit of good.

2. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Same here! I also think it is a waste of time creating new Interface features cause i see the past is happening again, the support of this new EC is not much better than the support of KR, the only difference is that the EC is much badder than KR not at least because of the graphics.

I dont know what the devs are doing, but when iam thinking about i would say they are stupid, sorry, but also under financial aspects it is all so stupid the whole development!

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Thank you both for all your work, regardless. I would never--never--have warmed to the client without your UIs.

4. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It is a sad day when top modders for the EC decided to stop their excellent work.

A big thank you to all the hard work you have put in and the top class UI's you have delivered to the people!

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

without you guys this client is doomed..

6. Decors

Decors UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Same here lol.

I sent lots of feedback and bug reports.
    A year passed and they fixed 25% or so bugs and glitches in my list.

I gave them lots of chance to make EC more useful but....

I'm sorry probably i won't update my iconpack anymore.

I believe EA producer never solve the essential problem.
    I decided there is no hope in EC and UO.

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I keep hoping beyond hope that they will fix massive amounts of things and help you all out.

All I can say is thank you sooo much for all the hard work you all have done. I know without you guys I myself would still HATE the EC.