1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Sommertime! What do you read on the beach?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nenime, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Yes! Vacation start :danceb:

Nothing but dust-covered tomes in candle-lit dungeons day by day... I really need something different now. I just bought "I am Legend" by R. Matheson after watching the movie (say it: I'm a schnook:loser: ) but that'll be just a snack - only 400 pages *pfft*. What do you recommend for reading while slurping pina coladas?
  2. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

women's magazines...they're so entertaining...
  3. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

May 15, 2008
    Patricia Cornwell's books are my favorite for just non-thinking enjoyable fiction. Her Kay Scarpetta series are the best.
  4. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

Just took the new Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer with me to the beach. Good times! Otherwise, something easy, fluffy, doesnt require too much concentration.
  5. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Yellow press ... checked. Now I know everything about Brad's and Angelina's baby and about Orlando Bloom's new haircut :)

Stephanie Meyer ... did not yet read it because I didn't know this is a novel about love :heart: But a friend of mine already read it and the other two parts as well and she was delighted. Definitely on my to-read list - as soon as I'm in the loving mood again. :smooch:violin:

Patrica Cornwall is next. Just ordered the first Kay Scarpetta. I'm really curious about it.

Thank you very much for the suggestions :thumbsup:
  6. Finished rereading "North Dallas Forty", by Peter Gent. I still love it - and it's a great segue into preseason NFL football. :-D

Currently reading "Saving Fish from Drowning", by Amy Tan. It's a slight diversion from her usual style, but I'm enjoying it.

Next up at bat will be my autographed copy of "the girl who stopped swimming", by Joshilyn Jackson (a former UO Sonoma player, Parttime Goddess and friend :)

*waves to Pluffina*
  7. Nenime

Nenime Guest

:eek: Autographed? That's cool!

I know this is a bit aged but did you read Patrick Suskind's first novel "Perfume"? Still awesome :thumbsup: