1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sonoma VS Pacific

Discussion in 'UO Sonoma' started by Papadom, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Papadom

Papadom Guest

Hello I am a returning player, new to the West coast....

I have heard that Sonoma and Pacific are the best for the west coast of the US

What server should I play on? Sonoma or Pacific?

2. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

pac is bigger player base.

sonoma is just better.

:)

3. Jack Tallow

Jack Tallow Guest

Agreed.

Pac is our populated West Coast server. Sonoma is a bit of a ghost town, which makes things a bit tough to come by, but housing and items are quite a bit cheaper. Actually, housing is practically free on sonoma. If you can't place something large enough for your liking, you're not leaving town.

If you don't PvP, you might have a tough time finding a group for the larger things in UO on Sonoma. Of course the popular hunting spots are almost always deserted, which is nice, but doing peerless with a group can be tough, since Sonoma has it's cliques.

Either way, your decision. Pacific for a populated, expensive server. sonoma for a cheap, "I don't ahve to see anyone if I don't want to" server. Personally, I'll take Sonoma any day.

4. Zhao_Yun

Zhao_Yun Guest

OH wow thats cool kick there butt Sonoma

5. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have a tamer mage and a wolf macer on Pac.

Pac has a lot more action but the entire shard is pretty newb. Sonoma is pretty slow, with COP alliance zergging it up, Wakas stealthing around and you get [email protected]'s none faction asses and a few scams here and there.

It's pretty much Sonoma vs Scam when scams are around, its a common practice to hold hands with your enemies to take out the few extremely outnumbered elites then after they died then they fight each other.

86/COP, Waka, [email protected] is like a big family when there's a more than 1 scam around (vs 10+ of Sonoma alliance btw). but oh well it's great for the thrill and challenge.

Pac on the other hand has many zerg guilds, unlike COP/Waka who zerg with archers and stealthers they zerg with mages (lots of tamer mages and mystic mages there) well actually they have archer zergs as well. If you like action go to Pac, find a zerg guild and join them, or play a stealther like wakas which will help you out a lot in the case of being ganked which is a daily practice.

6. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Please forgive the previous poster. He's a bit upset about always being on the loser side since in game birth. With him/her..it's kinda like having a scab, pay it no attention and it just goes away.

7. Poo

*points to the pvp forum*

8. Lord Hunter

Lord Hunter Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:gee:

If your not gonna play nice atleast take it to the PvP thread as Poo mentioned.

Or he and I will force you to sit and listen to one of our favorite Bard Duets.

9. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

I am sorry...I am really really really sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

Please..do not make me listen to the Yoko Ono version of UO!!!!!!!!

10. Poo

some good old UO Throat Yartlling

11. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

lol..Poo..you are seriously demented... :)

I kinda like it..