1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Sonoma Wants You!

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Nails Warstein, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

May 28, 2004
    Some Sonoma Player(s) is dropping books around the moongates on our shard trying to lure Catskill players to move to Sonoma by using the title "Sonoma Wants You". Perhaps we as a Catskills community could start our own recruitment campaign by employing the same strategy. We are hardly as bad off as some shards, but we could use a little pickup. Now is the time to conjure up a plan for the anniversary this coming September. Any ideas?
  2. Aang

Aang Guest

How about hacking accounts and deleting all of the non-Catskillian characters? Maybe if they don't have any chars on Catskills, creating a few and giving them some gold to get started? :danceb:
  3. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 22, 2004
    I always found cross-shard recruitment books kind of annoying, personally. I think the better tactic is to hold events on the shard geared specifically towards undeveloped characters, and then actively advertising it on other shards.
    Have a showing of "Hey - this is the kind of community you'd see if you moved to Catskills; decide from first-hand experience if you want to move" as opposed to going "Move to Catskills! Please? Pretty please?? We're desperate here! We'll take anybody!".
  4. Ashlen

Ashlen Guest

Gildar I agree with you on holding an event that would
    draw people here for the fun and the community.

When the Asian shards had the AoS Slime Events
    I was over there and it was so much fun and
    well done that if it wasnt for the lag and the lack
    of being able to communicate with them I might
    have stayed there. They were so friendly and helpful
    even though we couldnt talk to each other at all.
    And if we can do that as I know we can and we have
    then they will come to play with us and possibley stay.
  5. Franklin

Franklin Guest

When I see those books, I can't believe people have that much time on their hands! Amazing.
  6. Aang

Aang Guest

I think the same thing as I am throwing them in the trash can at Skara bank :thumbsup:
  7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    Personally I throw them in my sell bag and sell them back to the provisioner.

Free gold is free gold.
  8. Shanna

Shanna Guest

I completely agree with all of you. A lot of shards are having problems with people trickling out. I always throw away LTTS books, that's just an insult, recruit from our much smaller shard to your large guild.

I can understand people asking a friend to come to their shard or a guild sending some of their members to another guild on another shard for the same exchange. But it's just rude for a community to try to massly recruit from another shard.