1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sooo- where is Siege on the pvp playing field?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Touzoko, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If Sieges' very best pvp'er were to duel another shards finest, where do you think we'd come in?

2. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

That question doesn't give enough information to make a decision.

Does the trammie get to use their insured 50 million plus gold suit, or do they have to use what they can get here?

Does the Siege player get to use an insured 50mil + gp suit too?

I would assume the Siege player would win, simply for the fact that we are used to playing with $%#$ gear. It would be a whole new learning experience for a non Siege player to fight using this gear, as they are used to being spoiled, with no risk.

It's been my experience on prodo shard that the best tactic to use is paralyze, then make an x around player with energy fields, explosion, flamestrike, and pain spike if that didnt finish them.

That was the lame "PvP" going on in Atlantic when I left.

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ah- I was thinking of the fighting we have here. I forget the outfits that they wear. When you look at "templates" on some of the forums, you will read their stats, their skills, and the uber gear that is absolutely necessary to run that template.
    It does make the question somewhat a moot point.

4. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Id think the upper end of our PvPers would slaughter. But as an average id say Seige isnt the best PvPers out there. I know im an average mage at best.

5. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Im going to go along with the last poster and say im average at best in a 1 v 1. But in the past when ive encountered the people who come here saying they are the best from their shard, they are usually run off within a few months.

6. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Not trying to jump Forsaken nuts here or Mephs.....but I asked them this question once outta curiosity myself...and what was explained to me...made alot of sence

The Prodo player is very use to unlimited amount of mana...so then in turn it comes down to extreme timing

The Siege player is very skilled on mana control and timing on "Kill" shots per say....

So my guess is, that if you give a "great" siege player unlimted mana....he will do very well from the start....to compair apples to apples

So you take the Prodo player and bring him to siege vrs the "Great" pvpers here, there learning curve is going to be much greater

But Bottom line....If your "Great" on prodo and Great on Siege....chances are....with a little time and effort...you will still be "Great" anywhere...

Your flat out great...but the siege player has an advantage in the learning curve at the start

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Apples and oranges, kids. We are an entirely different game.

8. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

That and item insurance makes prodo templates deadly but item dependant. here you generally have to be factions to run that kind of template, or have massive stockpiles of things like 1/3s or arties

9. archite666

archite666 Guest

I would need to message HaHa for something for homosexual than that...

10. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

We'd win, we won in the past, and like haha said the people that come here claiming to be the "best" run off with there tail between there legs:p