1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sorry its a Sampire Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Kayne, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Kayne

Kayne Guest

I know the basic templates of Necro/Paladin or Necro/Samurai

My question is what is the down side to either.

I have the ability to do:

Necro 120
    Spirit Speak 115
    Resist 115
    Bush 115
    Chiv 100
    Parry 120
    Swords 120
    Tactics/Anatomy 100

So either of the two variations are no problem but I don't know where the downsides are. Also is the Soul Seeker a viable weapon on these templates?

Also this is almost entirely going to be a PvM char. IF I PvP with it then its likely to be only a very rare champ spawn

2. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The only reasons to use Spirit Speak is if you're going to use wraith form and/or cast curse weapon frequently. The downsides here are karma loss (less effective chiv, although I don't know the formulas now), need for regents, and possible interruption of casting.

The downsides to not using bushido are no honor, no perfection, lack of confidence, lack of feint, lack of momentum strike, and lack of lightning strike. I haven't purposely used LS in months though.

Soul Seeker is not viable for all encounters, but is a viable weapon choice. I use soul seeker when I'm farming essences against the mini-spawns weak against cold. You'll want a wide array of weapons to choose from.

3. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Thanks Gorbs. Only reason I even thought about Spirit Speak was that I already have 115 that I could use. It seems though that it isn't much use for a samp. Might just keep it for a necro/mage or something.

Bushido seems to be a given on this type of char for the confidence and lightening strike as well as the advantages that go with busido and parry together.

I guess I need to research the weapon choices to go with this too.