1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sort of a serious bug ingame

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Out of Date, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Out of Date

Out of Date Guest

I recently did a trade with a person with my carpenter. he ordered a bunch of
    wooden chests (20)(40 items with keys).

The price was less than 5K so he paid with gold, I dropped my chests on him
    and he dropped the gold in the trade window, when we accepted, the trade
    window closed and I had both his gold AND (now) his chests, he got nothing
    (and was missing the gold).

Is this something anyone else recognize from late?
    I just dropped the chests on him again and we did the trade over and it worked.

if this is something that just 'happens' I'm glad I discovered it on such a small trade.
    I guess this is a good time to start using vendors for 'all' your big trades.

2. Bigmikeuk

Bigmikeuk Guest

Oh you liar, I bet you scammed him out of that 5k and ran away shouting "KEKE I IS ROOT U BAD LA".

Can't say i've heard anything about this myself mate, might have just got spannered up (That's a technical term).

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, I've had that happen. I reported it as a bug, but since I didn't know what caused it or how to re-create it my report probably wasn't very helpful.

4. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I can comfirm this 100%,
    I was selling some potted plants, it appeared my box with plants inside was in trade window but my box of plants was cleary still in my pack, :(
    The other guy crashed and i had both the checks and plants, :(
    Anyway, in the end, i had the checks, they had the potted plants so it was ok.
    All i can guess is that it has somthing to do with trading items in a wooden box.
    Be careful!

5. Alcestis

Alcestis Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It's not only wooden boxes.

Basically, if you can't open the container you're trading, it won't be transferred when you click accept. It's been like this for YEARS.

6. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The thing is, When i put my box (not locked) in trade window, the image stayed there but the real box with plants in it was still in my pack. :(