1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sort of back (meaning Iraq latency)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Everhue, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Everhue

Everhue Guest

Hey Siege,

I just updated UO a week or so ago and I was wondering what all has changed in 2 yrs I have been over here in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Looks like PvP has totally been changed. Everyone and their dog(no offense to the Cu Sidhes) is in factions due to the powerful gear you can purchase. So basically, solo unfactioned characters are roadkill unless you stealth/hide away. Which is another thing, everyone is running stealthers too eh?

Tamers use to be easy prey in PvP, but now they have superdragons. Jeez.

Not like I am going to leave the GZs much (at least not likely with 1k+ latency) but just wondering how this all has impacted group PvP and such?

Should I train up stealth and stone other skills on my characters? Do I get my tamer a Greater Dragon if able? (YOU try taming one of those beasts with my ping) Have they changed anything with treasure hunting I should be aware of?

What is this about Arms Lore and crafting? The invasions in towns with the red NPCs and generals and such? What are scrolls of transcendance and alacrity? What impact do they have with ROT and such? Why was my CBD placed in my pack from my Pads of Cu Sidhe ?(and what can I bless with it now that is worth it?)

Most of CWS seems to have left or no longer log in, but it seems there is Alliance chat now. What major guilds are active now?

Tons of questions, apologies for that.

Although I would LOVE to get back into UO PvP (always come back for that) I can only hang out and gain skills or craft with my current ping. So any answers to the above questions would shed light on a ton of things for me. I appreciate answers anyone would be willing to give.

Well met,
    Everhue

2. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Welcome back. :)

3. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Probably only thing that hasn't changed is Treasure Hunting. Same old crap in the chests. . .

Hope to chat with you in Alliance chat. . . Stealth would probably be pretty handy for you with your ping. . .