1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

SOTD is ....dead

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lucivius, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Lucivius

Lucivius Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

After three weeks this shard is completely dead. I am guessing it is because of glass swords. Player base overwhemingly said these were a bad idea, but Devs did not listen. So something that could have been a fun change of pace for a few months is now deserted.

2. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Imagine that, if the pvpers got bored fast of getting instantly killed what do you think would happen if pvmers where in the mix. Hmm you can see that on normal shards with champ spawns and why most people from tram do not want to do them.

3. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

They'll no doubt use this to "prove" there's no interest in a classic shard. Whatever developer stamped his wittle feet and insisted glass swords be kept around despite EVERYONE hating them should be horse whipped.

4. Babble

Babble Guest

it is a testshard for fun that gets deleted, what sort of playerbase do you expect?

5. longshanks

longshanks Guest

i dont get the glass swords either.

however that did not prevent me from playing.

I really only have time enough to play my home shard right now and there's enough to keep me occupied that I'm not into going to another shard.

6. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Its dead because it is not permanent. Nice for messing I guess but gets old quick.

7. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed

This but those glass swords sure couldn't have help either. If the team said that it was a go I'd have bothered but with all the other shards I play it's hard to warrant the time needed to farm just to have it go.

8. copycon

copycon Guest

Yes, agreed. It also didn't help that it was falsely marketed, but that dead horse has been beaten already.

9. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran

I agree with most of the sentiment here.
    The combination of the unoffical and unfortunate announcement of the shards intent, the indication that it is not permanent, the glass swords, and the amount of time necessary to get beyond basics is most certainly off putting to many.

I will echo longshanks post that all of that still did not prevent me from playing.
    The most derailing aspect to me remaining and being active for the duration has been having my vendors deleted, twice (?dev or bug?).

Other unfortunate circumstance, including my trammelized ignorance on Spellweaving availability and my lack on knowledge on Champion Spawn locations also had a contributing factor.
    The Siege Comparisons have further been a distraction and an unfortunate aspect in my eyes.

I can only hope that future testing can still occur, and it can happen with enthusiasm of enjoying the shard for what it could be - a ?dev test center?

I will definitely log some more time up until it is taken down.
    I would certainly enjoy far more testing and any shard or modification attempt to try things out.

many of you don't like it - i can understand that, but i have enjoyed it.

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Seriously? Did you not get it? Was it a trick or a treat?

11. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

I quit playing because of the swords. Period.

12. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It was the swords for me. It was supposed to be fun, but can ANYONE tell me what fun there is in one hit, no defence, insta kills? Ya I used the swords a few trimes, and they are utterly LAME!!!

Since death to monsters also counts as a "death", there is no real way to keep score of PvP kills and deaths, so there is no real point.

13. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think beside the swords, the comment "Dont like it dont play it" contributed a part.

14. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So you didn't like it then? :p

15. I didn't play it because I'm too busy rebuilding my suits with the latest bunch of artifacts that nerf last weeks setup.

However it never seemed like a serious addition to the shard list to me, just the yearly Halloween shard.

16. ikaikaman

ikaikaman Guest

There are many many bugs to fix,and a lot of player are disappointed High-Seas.
    Devs make out "Now is not the time to run Hallowenn amusing shard!!"
    I think it is wisely choice.

17. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The SOTD was done on their own free time.

18. ikaikaman

ikaikaman Guest

Sophistry,Do they pay running cost of The SOTD?
    If they run the SOTD their own completly. I've got nothing to say.

19. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

What does it matter if the work they do for sotd is on their own free time? All it really is is a tc converted.

Edit: Keep in mind though, I don't really like SOTD due to the glass swords. My point is simply that the work done for that shard is not distracting them from other stuff as it is done on their own time when they are not at work. They are not getting paid for the work on SOTD.

20. Babble

Babble Guest

*mumbles*
    They are getting paid for tinkering with uo?
    :p