1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Soul Seeker

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Rikimaru_Vegeta, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Rikimaru_Vegeta Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This lovely weapon is amazing in pvm... I am curious as to what everyone uses there Soul Seeker on? :D

2. Malkes

Malkes Guest

I'm fond of using it for Cyclopeans/Titans out near Valor.
    Using it with EoO, an Ice slayer talisman, and consecrate weapon makes for very dead Arctic Ogre Lords as well.

Heck, because of the leeches (I'm a Sampire)and SSI, I tend to use my Soul Seeker on pretty much anything that doesn't do so much damage that I can't go toe to toe with it.

My general rule is: If an enemy can't dump more then 50-60 hp of damage on me at once, I'll usually use the Soul Seeker. For anything higher than that I'll use a slower, but higher leeching Ornate Axe.

3. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It will be your friend for a long time.
    Just be careful not to use it on Undead because they do more damage to YOU since it's a repond slayer.

4. Malkes

Malkes Guest

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the opposing slayer bit.

Repond Slayer + Undead enemies = bad, hehe.

5. I use it for repond hunting and for Irk. Aside from that I've got several Sampire SL/ML/SSI/DI weapons that I'd much rather use than Soul Seeker due to higher SL & ML plus the DI.

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

Oh, I agree Connor. I replaced my Soul Seeker when I lucked out and got a great Twinkling Scimitar.

But for beginners, the Soul Seeker is very good. Once you get better, and once you start obsessing over your Stamina, Mana, HLD, and hit spells, and all the other crack, then you'll want something better. But it will cost you plenty of shiny shillings.

7. Malkes

Malkes Guest

Of course there are far better weapons out there available, but you could do a lot worse for a good all around weapon than the Soul Seeker, hehe.

8. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

For those of us who are limited on gold (I keep buying things for my mages), Soul seeker is a great all around weapon that's good for anything that isn't undead.

I've used mine for everything in the twisted weald (Dread Horn, Irk, etc), Paroxysmus, Travesty as well as doing Baracoon spawns after the slimes are taken care of.

Now I have a great ornate axe which takes care of all of those needs except for Paroxy (still use SS).

9. RichDC

RichDC Guest

What is a good weapon for paroxy??

Can it be done with a sampire solo??

Ive just(well almost) finished my samp build (oh btw should i drop tactics for healing? atm im melee tactics bush parry anat necro chiv) and i wana so paroxy.

10. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Rikimaru_Vegeta Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I saw a guy in moonglow fighting the invasion yesterday with a Soul Seeker and he was taking on a Shadow Knight by him self and wasnt getting damaged... Now they are undead and how come he wasnt getting hurt? Another question is what happens if you wear a undead talisman with your soul seeker, it acts like a undead slayer right but you also take double damage back because of the repond slayer?

11. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Paroxy is soloable, and is weak to fire and cold damage (hence the soul seeker, I also have 95% DI from brace/ring/gloves/talisman). He's also very strong against physical damage, so a purely physical weapon is out unless it has very good mana leech.

What you have to remember is that one of his special attacks does somewhere around 100 damage to an all 70's suit, so you need more hit points than that. Once you have the right items and template, he's really not that hard to kill.

12. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Would i be ok with a battle axe 30%ssi 45di 65ML 9HCI and 40ish HLD?

Or a 20% ssi broadsword with 80ML 40ish HLD and 45DI??

Or would a slower weap Battle axe with 80ish ML 80ish SL 70ish LL (i think HLD im not sure) and 40DI?

I can concecrate them they both seem to leech enough mana most of the time...or would you recommend just sticking with soulseeker?
    (i only have 62di without weapon...tali/gloves and ring)

13. IMO all 3 of those weapons would not work well. SL is pretty much a must have, and the one you have that has it has no SSI, so it would be too slow to be effective.

14. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Can i not just use Refresh pots??

I use them all the time in PvP have got quite proficient in them

15. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Can i not just use Refresh pots??

I use them all the time in PvP have got quite proficient in them

Edit: NM just realised that the axes are 2handed so no pots...and im guessing divine fury would not be a good idea.

16. eolsunder

eolsunder Guest

Soul seeker and illshenar titans/cyclops.. great for loot, plus the chance to get those chests off paragon titans. sooo much fun to take down paragon titans single handed.

17. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

For Dread horn, I'd agree that those weapons are no good (except SS, that's good against DH), but they're acceptable vs. Paroxysmus. The reason being that Paroxy is so slow moving that it's no problem to take two steps back, disarm, drink a potion and get back to the fight. It will be a lot slower than the usual method, but it's doable.

18. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Ok so i need a faster weap with mana and stamina leech...hit lower attack or defence as well right?

First i gta learn to do the keys for dread...paroxy keys easy...if not arduous!

19. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I'm not sure what a shadow Knight is. I haven't seen one yet.
    If he was an Undead, and you have Soul Seeker, then you get 50% more damage onto yourself. Maybe the guy had high parry?

I believe you're correct about undead tali and repond weap at same time.

20. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

Almost everything except the undead....

21. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I don't really use a soul seeker in following the thread, since I have other weapons that are just as good if not better.

The main thing really like Farsight already mentioned is the nice 100% cold-based damage.

As far as weapon question, stamina leech and mana leech you need. If I had to choose...I would pick hit lower attack if I could only get my hands on one or the other.

Hit lower attack = not getting hit as much. I rather do that then lower someones defense if they are still hitting me.

All 4 is nice to have on a weapon...just not common.