1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Soul Stones in Your House

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sturdy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

I have been meaning to post this.

After actively attending IDOCs for several weeks I just want to mention:

DO NOT store soulstones in your home! I cant tell you how many I have seen lost. There are kind people on my shard that collect and store them with the idea of returning them to their owners (Siege) but many are lost.

It is worth the slots- put them at the bottom of your bank box and do not take them home.

IDOCs are sad enough without seeing all that effort go to waste-

Bank your stones!

2. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

They are only good to the original owner, as you stated, to use them for deco or delete them are your only options. It is a shame to lose all that hard work.

3. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ON Europa we are lucky enough to have a soulstone graveyard

a great idea started by THP, and taken on by Paidric

there is a large tower on the coast south of Trinsic and after every idoc that i pick up stones and frags from, i drop them in the mailbox to be sorted, i must have dropped in over 100 to date, and many of the "good" idocers do the same as the mailbox is always stuffed full of stones

I do believe that the graveyard has had some lucky players that have seen the return of thier stones

Europa is lucky to have that for sure!

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

It would be nice if Soulstones worked when in a bankbox.

5. popps

popps Always Present

Keeping the Soulstones in a bankbox, while being safer and not subject to loosing them if the House goes IDOC, will make it more complicated to shuffle skills within the same account but different characters. This, since characters do not share the same one bank box within the same one account.

A good change for the game in this sense, would be having a common bank box for the whole account which all characters could share. Of course, the commonly shared account bank box should be not 150 items but at the very least 150 x 7 = 1,050 items capacity.

Though, I would like it increased to a 2,000 items capacity..........

6. Fink

Fink Guest

There's very nearly no reason not to bank the stones on Siege. On other shards I tend to leave them where I can swap characters. Regarding IDOCs there's plenty in my house I would miss more than soulstones, which can easily be bought and the skills worked up again.

7. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

They do work at Luna

8. Its hard to keep them in your bank, if you want to move skills from one char to another you need to have them handy for both chars, unless you have someone kind enough to hold them while swap chars in a "safe" location.

9. I think for most it's the final farewell. House, items and soul stones all decay away or get looted in an IDOC. For me, there would be no turning back once that happened, so there is no reason to store them in a bank box.

10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

And yet... we see posts like this one very regularly. Many players think they'll never come back, but they often do anyway.

11. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

O.k. It does if your in an Inn room upstairs. Satisfies the 'safe log out location' requirement. :)

Now I can keep the soulstone with the dang expensive to train Imbueing on it in the bank when I want the extra mana regen of Focus.

Thank you Traveler! :)

12. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I understand your sentiment, however, soulstones are fairly useless in a bank. The whole point of a soulstone is to transfer skill(s) between players, which makes a house the perfect place to store them. Unless they work in pack horses, but eh, lol then you could drop them if you lose conn, etc. What you SHOULD say is, "If you are going to quit, for whatever reason, then put your soulstone/binded items in your bank box."

13. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

I guess being on Siege I did not consider the difficulty of swapping skills between characters.

I have one char with 12 stones not 5 with 2 or whatever. Luna is a dump so I use the Zento Inn for my swapping spot- just a few step from bank.

Still if you think you are done playing for a while a good housekeeping thing would be to bank them.

14. You don't have a problem if you keep them in your house while your account is active. When you deactivate it you should most certainly pack everything in your bank. You are going to return sooner or later...even if it's just for a short spell.