1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Soulstones & skill gain?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Petra Fyde, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Yesterday my husband stoned some skills from a char, deleted it and made a new one, then transferred the skills to the new char. (Easier for us than name & gender change tokens)

Trying to continue the char's training he found he was getting stat gains, but no skill gains. Since the two are supposed to go together I was wondering why.

I have a vague recollection of reading of a problem with gaining in skills recently retrieved from a stone. Can someone confirm/refute this and/or refresh my memory please?
  2. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Jun 11, 2008
    There was a skill gain issue but I cannot remember if soulstones were involved or not. I know I have done what you have and moved skills from one char to a new one without issues gaining after moving the skill.
  3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I have not really seen anything on it, but from personal experience, I think that there is a problem... However, once I log out and back in, the gains start - eventually - lol.
  4. Val-Tur

Val-Tur Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 27, 2005
    I had a similiar wierdness this week. I transferred a full set of skills to another character via soulstones. Most skills were 95-100 (was training to 110). When I was training the the skills on the original character, the stat gains were slow and took quite a while to max out as the skills slowly built. But after I transferred the skills over to the new character, and started training again - the stats were flying. I would often get up to 8 stat gains before a single skill would gain. It took me maybe an hr to max my stats. The skills were all pretty high, so they were slow to gain.

I have never seen this happen before.