1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

soulstoning fishing

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Doubleplay, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I was well on my way to obtaining the 8 required 105 scrolls, having gotten 6. The orders I was getting were mostly 6 item ones. Then I soulstoned fishing skill for a couple of hours. When I retrieved the skill on the same character, I started receiving only 1 and 2 item orders. It seems that I lost ALL my fishing reputation. Like a dummy, I didn't realize that the first time I did it. I built my rep back up, and received another 105 scroll. Then I soulstoned a second time. Upon retrieving the skill the next day, lo and behold, apparently 0 reputation again.

Beware !!! don't soulstone your fishing skill.

2. i haven't soulstoned and still receive one liners. are these one liners orders of only 5 fish? and how long did it take for you to get back to getting 5-6 liners?

3. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Both time the one liners were for 10 fish. However I need to temper my original position a little here. I have since dropped to 1 and 2 liners when not soulstoning. Actually I don't know what is going on lol. BTW, I do one order at a time.

4. my fisher is also my sampire so i soulstone off fishing once in a while. my reputation is getting 6 liners right now and im worried that i'll lose that if i soulstone over is why i ask.

5. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Iam concerned aswell. I have lots of skills on Soulstones and change the template depending on the stuff i want to do. Pitty i wont be able to stone fishing again. Its crap to start over and over.

6. Im not a dev. However, my personal idea is that you are calculated for the quest given your skill and rep when you accept the quest. What you do in between, short of cancelling the quest, should not affect your quest roll. I know the fishing quest stuff works is still largely myth and voodoo, it would be nice if a dev would step forward and at least answer on some of the silly stuff that is seriously annoying people and affecting their enjoyment of the product.