1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Sound - Dark Father and maybe others

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Caelas, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Caelas

Caelas Guest

I noticed last night that every time the Dark Father used Spirit Speak (prety sure it was Spirit Speak) a really loud noise...imagine a parrot on crack with a megaphone...blares out of my speakers. I turned my in-game sound down, and music, and this noise blares at full volume. I have to turn off the in-game sound to kill it, but that kind of kills the mood :( Turning down my speakers isn't an option, can't hear Vent then.
  2. Diggity

Diggity Guest

Noticed it also. Has to be one of the more annoying bugs. Sounds like reveal but volume is way higher than other sounds. Made a vid with some other bugs to send to the dev team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJmTK2eCIPg The offensive noise is at 1:20. Is that what you are hearing?
  3. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Yeah...that's the noise. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Ugh.
  4. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 7, 2003
    ive been wondering what that is, during the invasion i had the sa client running and oi heard that sound way to much, i thought people where spamming "in lor" on me or something.
  5. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Now that you mention it, yeah I heard it there a lot too. Did the Shadowlords use Spirit Speak or Reveal?
  6. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I think it's when the same sound is played multiple times, at the same time.
    Throw a conflag potion, and hear...
  7. Noobish Noob

Noobish Noob Guest

It is reveal that causes the super volume screeching. I have my volume turned almost all the way down and it seems to overide everything. Pain in the but fighting spellcasting monsters that like to reveal.