1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sound Issue

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Duncan Drake, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So I did some fights and testing with the new client.
    Occasionally while fighting monsters the sounds are totally interrupted. I cant hear anything for several seconds. This is really annoying. I didnt have that problem with the old EC client. (Sound drivers are up to date)

Sounds are really important for me while fighting the big ones because I have to time my attacks and Weapon skill.

Anyone else has this problem?

Cupid, kRUXCg7 and Klapauc like this.
  2. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Yes, I noticed the sound cutting out while fighting the abyss ratman spawn this morning. It is disconcerting. The sound came back when I ran to a different spot.

3. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Adventurer

I think it seems to happen when you get to a certain low percentage of health - almost as if it is trying to play a sound byte to alert you to low health but can't find the file so we get silence instead.

4. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Not in this case - sampire's health doesn't change much at the ratman spawn

5. Duncan Drake

Duncan Drake Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it happens at different times. Really really annoying and i hope the devs fix that soon. As i mentioned in another thread. It would really be great if you could still use the "old" ec client. At least til all bugs with the new client are solved.

6. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

I had my warrior out and the sound was working perfect. On my second account the sound didn't play at all. No music, footsteps, anything. Wasn't taking any damage or anything.

7. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Same here. Sound goes silent for a few seconds. Then comes back. It seems to be completely random, but it is annoying as hell if you are used to play by ear. Did i cast it or not? Did my curse weapon/consecrate weapon just wear off ?
    That new ec client has so many issues actually, i do really wonder why it did get forced on us without a choice. And no, going back to cc is not a choice for people that play ec for years.
    Making abilities unavailable based on timers , mana and character status has so many bugs, quite a few things do behave different from what it was.
    Also new interface does cause lag and fps drop . Had no issues playing with vsync on and max fps set to 60. Framerate didnt drop at all before patch. Now it does, alot after some time of playing.

8. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Happening on my end as well, and seems to happen mostly when mage/mystic healing spells are cast either by the player or the mobs.