1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

SP Housing

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by The Craftsman, Mar 1, 2009.

1. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

After quitting UO over 12 months ago I decided to reactivate 1 of my 3 accounts and give Siege a go. I used to love crafting so have been playing a crafter on Siege now for around a week. I'm surprised to say its been a refeshing experience. I feel like it captures the essence of UO more than the production shards and am enjoying myself doing the simplest of things ... mining, smithing making arrows etc. Its like ive fallen back in love with the game.

I cant drop a house yet (15day rule) but was wondering if the costs of housing is any different on Siege? I was wanting just a small tower or the like ... could anyone tell me the cost so I know how much I have to aim for gold wise?(although it'll take me a while to save up at this rate). Also is there any good spots within easy walking distance of any of the cities that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance.
    Crafty

Oh, and I cant believe how many nice people there are on siege ... much more pleasant bunch than the prodo shards.

2. archite666

archite666 Guest

Uh they are relatively cheap, I dont know if they are under the X3 rule from prodo, but I lent a guy money for a small house the other day and It was like 30k

3. archite666

archite666 Guest

i'm told by many that I'm one of those nice people, though many would disagree :)

Yeah theres plenty of spots that are a short run from a moongate, I know of a really nice one. Find me running around Luna today in about 8 hours when I wake up. I would be willing to set you up. I know that in such an unforgiving place a person needs their own little home.

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There are a lot of empty spots around some towns, not necessarily right by their moongates but close enough to harvest wood and or ore, and get a res fast. :) Brit is one area and Minoc too. I harvested lots of ore and wood in and around both areas when I first came here.

One of my first home plots here was near Brit..north northwest of it. All of the wheat fields trees galore and ore galore all to your south just for the harvesting...and massive amounts of cattle, goats sheep etc. and if someone kills ya..close walk back into downtown to get a res.

There are spots open behind my current Brit homes...up that green t line and or nearer the cemetary...and some spots south as well. There are a few also on the east side coast line of Brit somewhat south of NEW ...if ya do not mind a reaper occasionally landing in your front yard. :)

I also had a home up from Minoc stables on the Minoc coast when I first came here too...plenty of trees for lumberjacking and ore galore as well. I do not know if that area is open now...think Black Rain and them are up there now...but often spots south of Minoc...one is even in the Guard Zone just south of the tents not very large ...but often is left open...and ignored cuz it is a smaller spot. There are also large spots as you go out the Umbra town not too far out some even on the road front there and near the sand and water by the lake...even for 18 x 18 plots depending how far down the road ya go...west Umbra way..to place homes...vampire bats some pixies out further but nothing major...'in spawn', to worry about.

So good luck look around and a lot of us would gladly help ya with some gp to place a plot...to establish a home base for yourself on Siege.

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Ill buy you a small tower if you need the gold today, im central time, and Ill be home around 12:30pm or so, and yes there are nice spots near towns and moongates, I know of some myself...Cash and i are guilded, so if you dont spot him first post here and meet me at my house outside the yew gate, I own houses in the clearing south east of Yew gate about 2 or three screens away from moongate....Bank Roll is one of my characters....let me know bud and we will hook you up....nice to see you come back to siege

Elmer Fudd (KoC)

6. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

Thanks everyone for all the advice, and the kind offers. I thought it would be weeks or months even before I could get my house ... hopefully i'll see you in game soon. Im hoping for somewhere near a moongate or town with lumber and mining spots nearby...
    Crafty

7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When I first came here...I posted a screenshot of my first Siege home here on this forum. Now a few did not GET IT...humor wise and said well if I sell the lumber I would make gp. I knew that. :) Kelmo and some others GOT IT...irony..a newbie carpenter lumberjacker...with no gp...had only enough gp here finally to place the plot but no gp for WALLS...so I made *walls* with logs. :) A carpenter lumberjacker would never be disillusioned about no walls...just create some of our own..with our irony humor and newbie Siege crafter skillz and poverty despite every spell anyone cast enters your wall-less home, tis Siege afterall. :)

Anyhow after posting that screenie of my first Siege home for my Miranda here...a lovely lady vampire donated me some gp for real walls. Her name was Lady Flame..and I was afraid of Vampires. :) I even remember the irony of a *lonely lady vampire* oft saying on UO Hall that SIEGE needs new blood irony that a lonely vampire lady saying Siege needs new blood LOL and...her name was freja...:) I joined NEW and placed this home just south of the then location of NEW. When my first set of tools broke and I was broke Shalimar found me asked me what I needed and I told her ..some tinker tools would be nice so I can make MORE tools..for less. :) So I came here to Siege now seems ages ago.. back then... and I been here ever since.

Later on I heard bout Cybernickle so I got one of my many millions of gp from Chesapeake to my chrs. HERE.

Ima still here...even though everyone CAN kill my chrs. like I care...crafting is good to do HERE..it does make ya gp if ya like crafter chrs. this IS a good place to do so.

So even if your first Siege home ends up looking like my first Siege home did... :) you will be glad ya came here I think.

[​IMG]

8. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Selling resources can quickly get you a load of money. Plenty of people buying. Loads of empty spots to place. You should have no problem finding a spot close to many of the resources you'll be using.

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Your House awaits sir... i placed a sandstone north of minoc gate...you step out of the gate and I mean follow straight north a couple screens....Go around the rock on the gate of course and straight north,,,and it lands you on your front steps....I placed the sandstone because for like 10k more you get twice the storage, if you want to drop and place something else...who cares, i just wanted to give you more options,,,,let me know when you want it,,,the character is inside waiting to transfer over to you.....Welcome to Siege commuinty

Elmer Fudd (KoC)

10. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

Thanks .. ive PM'd you...

11. archite666

archite666 Guest

Its no problem, you may be skeptical of our generousity but understand alot of have millions of gold, even more, it is nothing to spend 50k to give someone a house, I throw away 50k 1 piece of deco, and so for that, we know it means the world to new guys to have a little refuge, something decorate.

Also we always need more crafters. :) Enjoy

Just don't quit the first time you get killed.

12. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

Ive already been dirtnapped on my first day. heh.

Thanks for the genorosity ... the house is in a great spot. I'm really enjoying it here on Siege...

Crafty