1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice

Space Problem

Discussion in 'Beta Testing Archive' started by Pinco, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Seems that there is not enough space to move on the sea market. The area is too small and there are too much boats. Probably the "no rune marked here" is a bad idea....

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Doesn't help if anyone parks their boat along the market, It stops boats parked in the market from getting out.

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

yep and what people are going to do is leave boats here so they can recall in and out at least thats what i am doing atm also cant seem to find the forge and anvil

4. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No house, bank is full, and no place to put new fish except leave them in the hold. Therefore, cannot dry dock the boat! Plus they seriously need trash-kegs!!!

5. TheMac

TheMac Guest

Agreed

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I noticed the same thing. Circled the docks 3 times the first time had a heck of a time... second time I used other peoples classic boats to hopscotch my way into the port..

Not cool.. there should be some sort of way to recall in and there should be a parking time limit or something there.

7. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I agree this should be possible, Devs it is UO Trammel and Felucca not Ish and so recall and Gate Travel should be allowed, it is a open freeworld ;).

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This isle needs an inn for us weary testers to nod off.

9. Radugast

Radugast Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes marking runes here would be nice, but then again marking runes in ilsh and t2h would be good as well, people may go there more often.

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Tow away zone required?
    Boats left unattended for more than x number of minutes, or belonging to chars that are not in game, will be moved to a location x number of tiles out from the dock? This being at least a screen away, otherwise you'd just end up with a boat-wall around it.

11. R Traveler

R Traveler Crazed Zealot

Auto dry-dock in a hour like auto-stabling pets

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

well, I just sailed out from Moonglow in a small boat with the intention of buying a row boat and maybe get a fishing quest. Very carefully circled trying to find a way in. Now I'm sailing back to Moonglow. There is absolutely no way in with a boat. Guess if I want to go there I'm going to have to beg for a gate from Brit bank on general chat as others have been doing.

13. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I don't know what the long-term solution is, but right now a gate needs to be set up so players can get to the emporium. I can't get off my boat to get on the dock - there's just too many boats around.

14. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

This. Stop griefing before it even starts.

15. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's pretty dire. There needs to be an autodrydock or a towaway zone - doesn't matter where you land, as long as it's relatively free of spawn. The further away the better. We're currently referring to it as 'the floating traffic jam'.

16. I couldn't finish fish delivery quest thanks to ship-barricade.

I suppose stabling ship doesn't work if a hold has something, because of the same reason thy we can't stable loaded packy(for extra storage)

Then, how about auto-got-bombard? ...I mean, make ship decay super faster like the day fire isle changed.

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I agree. Some sort of auto dry dock or something for boats left in that area...

Perhaps you can auto dry dock them and the owner would have to go to a Port Master or something to get their boat out of Hock... pay a fine for tying up the docks or something.

This would discourage folk from leaving their boats unattended there.

Edit* You might also think about doubling the length of the dock. On heavily populated shards this is going to be a massive problem. I know on less populated shards it may seem like overkill but on shards like Atl and GL's this is going to be a necessity.

18. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I agree, MalagAste, more dock space is definitely required. Because if it's getting that crowded just on Beta, I dread to think what it's gonna be like when it hits the main shards. People are going to want this expansion.

19. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Space is so bad you cannot place a row boat or large boat from the Market City. One of the Devs in game said you don't need to place the boat from the market city, But then how do you get back? Either make more dock space/have a drop off point or have a moongate so you can get to the market city without needing to find a parking space.

20. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

My ship is docked there and blocked in and i am afraid if i move it I wont be able to get back!

21. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I think if you log out the boat should to after the normal relog timer expires

22. I'd think more realistic.
    Emporium harbormaster must take gold from ship owner for anchoring there. Bigger ship, more gold. I'm sure everyone will feel its ridiculous to let his/her ship be not dry docked.

23. Hera75

Hera75 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe even a boundary where only rowboats are allowed close to the dock. I have seen several people leaving their boats a little bit away from the docks and using a rowboat to get to the dock. With the rowboats, they disappear after a little while with no one in them. Just use a row boat to get into the dock and dry dock it back into your pack while you shop or do business at the market, then put rowboat back in when ready to return to your ship. Your ship is still close enough to recall in, and you aren't blocking others in. Be really fun to see people actually fishing off the piers.

24. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

if we want to be realistic, the big ships should move only on deep water...

25. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I think there are at least three things that need to happen:
    1) The emporium must have another way to access it other than by boat. Maybe there should be a secret passage that leads there – like from Buc’s Den or something. You make your way through the secret passage and are teleported to the emporium.
    2) Recalling to boats needs to be fixed. Someone gated me to the emporium, but when I tried to recall back to my boat I got a message saying it could not be located. (Then I couldn’t place another boat because I already had a boat deployed.)
    3) Either the fisher monger puts the quest crate in your backpack and not the hold of the ship, or it doesn’t matter how far away your boat is, the quest crate will still be put in the hold.

26. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's becoming absolutely ridiculous. For the last 24hrs, I've been stopping a bit off the east side, putting out a rowing boat and going in to a space that had been left clear on that side. Now some muppet has parked their old boat and blocked that space. I'm now sailing - oh so slowly - round trying to see another way in. Life would be much improved if people would use a little sense and have a little consideration.

It's possible to drydock your rowing boat by clicking on the rope and choosing drydock from the menu.