1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spawning Sampire Template

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Obsidian, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I've been putting some thought to creating an optimized sampire for champ spawns. In particular, the sampire should be effective to solo vermin horde, undead, arachnid, reptile, and abyss (demon). I'm not concerned with Forest Lord, Sleeping Dragon, or the UOML/UOSA champs.

With this, I see the following as required abilities:
    - Whirlwind
    - Ability for Wraith form (for Semidar)
    - Basic PvP resiliency

With that in mind, this is the template I am thinking about:

RACE: Human
    120 Swordsmanship
    120 Bushido
    120 Resisting Spells
    100 Tactics
    100 Necromancy
    100 Spirit Speak
    60 Chivalry

I'm going to try running with only 2.5s weapons with 20 SSI (15 Weapon + 5 Cloak of Augmentation). Radiant Scimitar (Whirlwind) and Katana (AI). With this, I can run with lower stamina and therefore push my Strength to 150 and mana over 100 and still swing at 1.25s. Each weapon would be optimized for the spawn type. I would try to run with FC 2. Protection is out as it would kill my Resiting Spells and make the resists harder to fit into the suit. If this doesn't work, I can switch the char up to the traditional sampire stat setup (120 STR, 10 INT, 125 DEX) and push SSI on weapons to 35 with the cloak.

There are a few odd situations such as what to do with my swamp dragon when Semidar arrives. I guess I'll just dismount and leave it in a corner out of the spawn area while I'm in wraith form. There are times when wither will be the preferred option to clear early spawn fast even with the karma loss.

What do you all think? Could I make this viable for soloing all of the traditional champs (minus Oaks)? The biggest issue will be surviving the raid. If I'm seriously out numbered I'm not worried -- I'll die. But for a 1v1 I'd like to win or at least get out with my SOTs. How can I buff this char to account for that? My only healing in that case would be Chiv, pots, confidence, and SS. Would that be sufficient? Should I slant my suit to fit 70 DCI or is it just not worth the hit in other beneficial mods and just run 45 DCI? Would you fit Enhance Potions into the jewelry?

Thanks all! Just looking for ideas to complete this concept.

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Great template. I run something similar...

I stone off and on Anatomy,Parry, Resistance depending on what I'm fighting.

With 100 Spirit Speak your way ahead of the game and shouldn't have any issue healing or leeching life. When you find yourself in trouble bust out the ace in the hole "Curse Weapon' and you should okay be as long as you don't bite off more than you can chew.

No matter how good your template of gear is for the most part you can't be running into the upper echelons of a spawn like a bull in a china shop.

What you posted above is probably the best spawning template out there imo.

I think you'll like it!:thumbup1:

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

You'll do fine with the spawn.

You're going to have trouble in PvP since you'll have weak hits.

Make use of JoaT Spellweaving.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Do you think the 120 resist will be wasted on this setup? Should I instead go 120 Tactics and 100 Resist?

-OBSIDIAN-

5. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

No, that'd be a bad trade.

You'll be doing low damage because you're using low damage weapons and don't have anatomy.

6. Garm The Green

Garm The Green Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You might find it a little tough without evasion....?

7. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My temp is:
    120 Bushido
    120 Swords
    120 Tactics
    110 Resist
    100 Necro
    75 parry
    70 chiv
    36 SS

5 chiv and 26 SS is on the jewels. I can solo every champ but really I only do Sem, Rik and the rat.