1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spawns N, NE, E of Delucia

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Tuan, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Does anyone do these spawns with a pure meleer?

I've tried a few of the locations, and I keep running into the same issue. I get through the first level or two of the spawn, and it's annoying because I have to put so much effort into simply getting next to something to hit it.

When the spawn moves into a level where it has reasonably strong casters, though, they can stand up on their mountains, in seemingly un-reachable locations, and just lob spells down on me, so it is both quite difficult to survive. Plus, because so many of the monsters are impossible/very difficult to get to, it seems to take 3x longer than it should to move the spawn along.

I tried using holy light, but that doesn't seem to damage the ones up on the ridges.

Thoughts?

2. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This is why I don't like The Lost Lands. The same spawns take 2x more time there.

3. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

How else can I get the skull from Lord Oaks?

Does he cycle into the spawn area outside of Ice Dungeon?

That area's not so bad. I've done spawn there about 6x, and I've seen Neira 2x, Baracoon 2x, Rikktor, and Mephitis 1x I think. I assume that Semidar and Oaks will cycle in there, but I have no good reason to assume that.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

No oaks is a fixed location mate.

Obsidian likes this.
  5. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Bummer.

If I take my archer or mage in there, will I be able to get good line of sight to the areas up on the ridges?

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

From my own experience I would say archer is better for the stuff on the ledges. I often get "target cannot be seen" (or whatever the message is) when I'm using a mage.

7. A-tron

A-tron Adventurer

I have found running melee or caster in lost lands especially the champs spawns becomes very difficult. Having three matriarchs on either side cast flamestrike is a quick dirtnap. I have found the fastest and easiest way to clear the spawn on ledges is archer/thrower character.

Marquis de Sade 209 likes this.