1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Speaking of losing stuff...........pet Bug ........

Discussion in 'UHall' started by the 4th man, Dec 12, 2012.

1. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Did they ever fix the decay rate on pets? I had my bug killed, loaded with fishing stuff, by a water elly.....the thing got eager to fight. Anyways, went to stable, and , lacks cohesion?? Serious?, ITS DEAD!!

Anyways, I used my EC to log on with my other account, rezzed the bug, went back to boat, all in under 4 minutes, mind you, and no dead bug anywhere.

Question, asked up top....was it fixed....backed by, why is we suffer at the fault of EA or whoever owns this game??

10 years, two accounts, never missed a payment, never suspended the accounts, or quit playing.
    Me and others get jerked around by incompetence.

2. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'm a pro at bug decay loss, this problem has been around for more than 10 years... Lost one way back then, and another this summer when I returned. By the time you get a Rez, and back to your bug, it vanishes. Sometimes as you start to grab your items, that really hurts, :(

3. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

If my bug dies when I am out of town, i remove the stuff and shove it behind the closest tree, in your case on a boat, you should have emptied it on the deck if there was no room in the hold, the decay rate is much slower, an hour at least. Bit late now I know, but next time empty it before you go to rez the pet.

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

you can empty a bug before you rez it? interesting, I thought when packs die there is a bag on the corpse?

5. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Nope, its like with any other dead corpse - if you have the access rights, you can empty it. But the decay rates are not funny anyway, since you often enough die together with your pet. I think, loaded pack animals should have a bone stadium as the player has to recover stuff in the same time frame.

#5 Olahorand, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    G.v.P likes this.
  6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry, but that's not a bug. Pets, after all, are simply tamed mobs. They decay at the same rate as mobs and need to be looted in the same time frame. This has always been the case.

7. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

Well, you live and learn........no pun intended...............next time, I off load all loot and let it sit on boat........pretty sure there won't be a next time though.

8. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What Petra said. Alway was and meant to be. Might be confused with when a pack pet goes wild and can recover the dropped bag of stuff that was on it. If you have one those new boats the hold is pretty fat. No need to sail and fish with packy reenacting a scene from Titanic.

#8 Warpig Inc, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I still think this needs to be fixed... Pet corpse decay is WAY TOO fast!

Bazer likes this.