1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Speculative Poll Regarding Upcoming Vendor Search Feature

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Dec 15, 2013.

?

Please select the choices that are most appropriate for you. Remember this is ALL speculative!!

1. I would pay one-time cash per account fee to LIST items on an EA-controlled vendor search feature.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I would pay one-time cash fee per account to SEARCH for items on an EA-controlled vendor search.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I would pay one-time $5 per acct to list AND search for items on EA-controlled vendor search.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I would pay one-time $10 per acct to list AND search for items on EA-controlled vendor search.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I would pay one-time $15 per acct to list AND search for items on EA-controlled vendor search.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I would pay to upgrade 1-2 accounts to list AND search for items on EA-controlled vendor search.

25.0%
  7. I would pay to upgrade 3+ accounts to list AND search for items on EA-controlled vendor search.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I would pay one-time $5 per acct to LIST items on all-can-search EA-controlled vendor search.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I would pay one-time $10 per acct to LIST items on all-can-search EA-controlled vendor search.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I would pay one-time $15 per acct to LIST items on all-can-search EA-controlled vendor search.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Access to SEARCH an EA-controlled vendor search feature should be free upgrade for all accts.

75.0%
  12. Access to LIST items on EA-controlled vendor search feature should be free upgrade for all accts.

62.5%
  13. I would use a free-access EA-controlled out-of-game secure-login-required online vendor search site.

12.5%
  14. I would pay extra per acct to use EA-controlled secure-login-required online search.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. An EA-controlled out-of-game online UO vendor search site for should be free and accessible to all.

37.5%
  16. I would pay gold weekly to be able to exclude all vendors on my house from vendor search.

12.5%
  17. I would pay gold weekly to be able to exclude a specific vendor from vendor search.

25.0%
  18. I would pay gold weekly to be able to exclude a specific item on a vendor from vendor search.

12.5%
  19. I would pay gold weekly for vendor search to make runes or maps for my prospective buyers.

25.0%
  20. Vendor search should NOT make runes or maps for buyers. Display shop coordinates only.

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Just for fun and to measure how important certain aspects of an EA-controlled vendor search feature for UO would be for Stratics readers, I threw together a quick poll asking how much you'd be willing to pay (in cash or in gold, as applicable) for various bells and whistles. I have no idea if EA is going to put vendor search in the game as a paid add-on (i.e., theme pack), but I'm guessing it may be a possibility because that is how they handled being able to set up brokers in the New Magincia encampment system. I also don't know if there really will be an out-of-game online search site, but I'm guessing it's under consideration just because Mesanna mentioned it in a video interview she did with Stratics in October for their 16th anniversary.

There are only so many options you can include in these polls and space is limited for describing each possible response, so hopefully I didn't word anything to oddly and you can make sense of them. And, as always, feel free to add your own thoughts or comments as posts in this thread!

2. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I voted for:
    "I would pay to upgrade 1-2 accounts to list AND search for items on EA-controlled vendor search."

I wouldn't mind spending a one-time fee of up to $15 per account for both list and search included of the EA-vendor search, but I would expect all services to be free thereafter (vendor opt. outs, etc.). If I'm going to continue to play the game, I will support the game. But, I don't like the idea of the system dropping runes, because that's not in the spirit of UO. Maps would be fine.

Vendor Search idea is one "booster" that would really seem worth it.