1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Speed test?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Petra Fyde, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Does a boat being steered via a map travel faster than one following a 'forward' command?

My impression from just watching the screen is 'yes', but I haven't done any proper testing. Has anyone else?

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Will it arrive there quicker than manual steering? I think Yes, But I don't think that means it's faster speed wise if that makes sense..

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

yes, it does. But what I *think* I've seen is a noticeable speed up from travelling 'forward' when I give the pilot a map and say 'start'. Only I'm not sure whether that's accurate or just subjective.

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Might be worth a test for sure, I think in a straight line test the speeds will be the same, But turning and following a course.. A map should be the clear winner - Unless it hits something, Then it's dead in the water. :p

5. Ertai Vodalion

Ertai Vodalion Visitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

interesting observation - and i share it.

from "just watching the screen" i´d assume going with a map is faster than going plain "forward".

a "race" could really be interesting ....