1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spell casting lag

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doubleplay, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Can someone explain to me how spell casting lag works?

My mystic has 120 focus, 120 mystic, 115 magery. I cast hailstorm at 1.50 casting speed, but my total speed is increased to over 2 seconds by casting lag. The lag varies with each cast, averaging about .84 sec. My cast recovery is 6 and my faster casting is at 2. Other spells have other lag times, some up to 1.3 seconds. My internet connection is excellent. I have no gameplay lag whatsoever.

What causes this lag? I was told that it results from a memory leak, however re logging does not correct the lag effect.

#1 Doubleplay, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

memory leak will still be there if you dont completly close out and start again.
    what is your latency before logging in? (in the selection screen)
    are you using a macro to re-cast and auto target and just running macro?

3. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

If you're refereeing to Pinco UI casting lag, this extra lag usually means the time you take to target your spell (ie, the time you took to click the mouse button over your target).
    Setting your spells to auto target tend to solve that problem.

4. Anvira

Anvira Journeyman

What totally #$**@! me off is when you cast the spell and don't get the gump......*grumble*

5. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Both clients have the pesky casting lag but it only seems to happen to me when fighting certain people which I won't name..I also lose my last target frequently against them..a simple restart usually fixes the issue but still annoying

6. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

When I log on, my start screen latency is 56ms. If I immediately cast hailstorm from the spellbook by clicking on it, I get 1.5 seconds casting speed and .80 second latency. If I then cast from the macro bar with target being cursor, my cast speed is 1.5 seconds and lag is .89 seconds. These results are duplicated with a full computer restart, and after an hour's play. I am still confused as to what the lag is composed of. If I cast the same spell over and over, the lag readings can get as high as 1.5+, but never much below 80. The lag does not seem to increase as the number of recasts grows larger. I can get a low lag after 50 casts as frequently as I get a low lag in the first few casts. I suspect that the lag is related to the server or the area that I am in more than anything else. My next test is to find out if lag increases at the bank, in dungeons, and around lots of spawn.