1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spell casting monsters= no honor chance

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jack flash uk, Nov 20, 2010.

1. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi Dev's

is it possible to tweak the samurai honor system against spellcasting monsters

like demons, trying to honor them after they bless themselves is impossible, can this be looked into pls?

2. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Signed
    It's been a long standing issue and I've never seen a response from a dev on this topic. It's another case of this game is so full of holes this usually settles to the bottom of the fix it list.

3. Nails

Nails Journeyman

it is challenging but doable. That bless right off the bat makes it tricky if you don't get them the second they spawn

4. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I've been doing it w/ daemons in hyloth on the lower level, there's 2 there (far SW corner), and I usually get both w/o much problem at all, just have it ready so when they spawn, instantly target. done near a hundred this way for the dungeon grind quest, for virtue armor. + I loot the ~600gp from each.

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I can't say I have really had any problems with it... I did Daemons, Balrons, and Succubi. If they bless themselves, just back off a bit and they will quickly heal on up to max so you can Honor them.

6. Nails

Nails Journeyman

the difference might be in if you set a paperdoll macro for honor or you are trying to click the icon. it isn't too hard to do

7. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

There has been one.
    It was along the lines of "it's an added challenge, and we're not planning on changing it"
    It might actually have been in a Five on Friday... Last, or second-to-last question... *oddly precise memory, there*

8. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

As has been said before:

Either make a honor, wait for target, target nearest hostile, target current macro to press when they spawn or wait a few secs until they healed themselves.

9. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Also if you're a mage you can cast Curse right after they bless themselves - same effect.

10. I use purge magic to remove the bless effect,then honor.

11. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You can honor them, but you have to do it before they notice you.
    The purge magic seems like a clever idea.