1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

spell channeling fishing rods?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by agpga, Sep 10, 2006.

1. agpga

agpga Guest

does anyone know if it is possible to make a spell channeling fishing rod without the -1 faster cast pennalty whether by reg saw or runic saw?
    thx for the help

2. Xanth de Orlig

Xanth de Orlig Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BRPA

i don't think so ....

never thought of runic ... but my guess is no ... as frost will always add SC -1 i believe ...

in fact lookin at it .. it seems that making fishing poles with special woods, they use the shield enhancements (?), i'm not 100% but of all the ones i have made, they seem to be matching with shield bonuses ... which i guess doesn't have alot to do with anything ...

but my guess is no.

3. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

On GL my pole is
    Exceptional
    Weight: 8 Stones
    Spell Channeling
    Bloodwood
    Int Bonus 4
    Hit Poit Regen 2
    Luck 20
    Strength: 10

No peanalty

4. agpga

agpga Guest

cool it gives me hope but could you give me a little info on how it was made

runic saw?
    normal saw?

then i can try to make one

thx for the reply

5. You can make SC fishing pole without the -1.

Need runics; oak saws will do.

6. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

It was a runic saw - oak or ash

7. Skaribis

Skaribis Guest

use runic saw on frostwood, they will become sc 99.9% of time, and about every 10th will be without the -1 [​IMG]

8. Jakylpops

Jakylpops Guest

I just made the most awesome fishing pole on test center, and it was on my 4th try with a heartwood runic using frostwood

SCNP
    dex 7
    LRC 15
    FCR 3

9. Rabin

Rabin Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I just made the most awesome fishing pole on test center, and it was on my 4th try with a heartwood runic using frostwood

SCNP
    dex 7
    LRC 15
    FCR 3

[/ QUOTE ]

*dies*

Always said I'd die for a pole like that, guv'nor [​IMG]

v'ray nice.

10. I saw a guy on Chessy today that had this one. I'd kill for it on my tamer.

[​IMG]

Kylana

11. Just bought an oak saw to try it out. Using a +26 carp exc talisman. So far I've gone through 40 uses without a single sc no pen. Might just be bad luck on my end. I got a couple with 8 lrc which ain't too bad I guess. And there is still that bug(?) where you get 0 of some property. (I got a couple that had DEX 0.) I did get a few with 1 FCR on them.

12. Gyle

Gyle Guest

Very nice fishing pole. Would you happen to know what runic you need to make one of those? Will oak do? Actually, I wanted to make a simple 15 necro fishing pole, anyone know what I need to make one?

Thanks

13. Nicar

Nicar Guest

TO make one with 15 Necro, you will need tons and tons of luck with heartwood saws. To get the intensity to 15 is the main reason for heartwood

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Go down to the Runic Intensities thread. I did many tests on TC. I just gave out over 20 SC poles, sry wish i wouldve known.

15. What about makin one with USE BEST WEAPON SKILL? That would totally rock!!!!!

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I've made a bunch of SC-0 poles using frostwood and an oak runic, usually get 2-3 per runic, sometimes even get another ok addition like 7lrc, or 2 str/dex/int.

about the only thing worth making with an oak runic [​IMG]

Rey~

17. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

What is up with fishing poles? is there a reason they are disired?

18. R Skye

R Skye Guest

I have a pole i can hook you up with .. on Cats

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Great, Thanks where do we meet? I won't be on until later tonight 7pm or so. I don't use icq since my return.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Other than skill points, I don't see a reason to use a pole, as there are better 1h / 2h items already in the game.