1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spell Consumption

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Omnius, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What does this mod do?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Just got it straight from the Horse's mouth on LA (and it was EM Acies that called Mesanna a horse - I'm just quoting him).rolleyes:

Mesanna showed up, and when asked, she said that Spell Consumption was a chance of one of the two following events occurring (As in it could be EITHER ONE, at random; not sure what the odds are of a. as opposed to b.):

a. The Attacker's spell being blocked.
    or
    b. The Attacker's spell being converted back to mana (inferred to be added to the protected person's mana pool, as sort of a defensive mana leech).

3. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hm so I got 99 problems but the 100th's not one. Interesting.

Most people are turned off by casting focus as it is because of low number mods. I doubt many will consider 1%. But the 10 LMC makes it viable to test out, at least for a mage item template.

4. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

hehe, if only that 1% worked like 99% lrc.

5. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

too bad the armor piece is pretty much useless, otherwise it might be worth testing.

6. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

For the right suit its good. Though I believe the right suit is a reflect physical suit otherwise yeah. not so great.

7. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure anyone ACTUALLY uses a reflect physical suit except in theory or for show. I know for a fact anyone using that in pvp is not terribly bright.

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Main problem I've always had with reflect is that it flags first, heh, but it's also bad for a lot of PvM situations as well, like Medusa, for example. But between these sleeves and the new shield, what's the max we can have in reflect now? +10 to max?