1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Buying] Spellbook - 30% SDI, 3 MR.

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Drafgard, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Drafgard

Drafgard Guest

Hello all.

I'm looking to buy the spell book mentioned in the above title, on Europa. I'm not too sure what the value of such a book is, so would love to hear from somebody regarding a value, even if they dont have one.

2. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Do you have an origin for your item?
    Have you seen it before or know the name that has the attributes you are looking for?

I'm personally unfamiliar with the stats of spellbooks from past events.

If you are looking for an item that spawns or can be crafted, your best bet is to post on the Europa trade forum. If it's an event item you're in the right spot. Just let us know some more information!

3. Rare Collector

Stratics Veteran

Sounds like 1 of the invasion spellbooks to me.

4. Drafgard

Drafgard Guest

Hello, thanks for the replies - Apologies for not being clearer in my origional post.

The origin for the book was the 2008 Ophidian invasion, on Vesper i think it was. Different intensities of books dropped from different "ranks" of ophidians. Sadly i wasn't there to take part in the invasion myself! :)

5. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No apologies necessary! I figure if we could get some more information, someone might have what you're looking for or at least give you a price estimate. Unfortunately, no clue in this particular area, but I hope someone else will step forward.

*drops a basket of chocolate by the thread as bait*

6. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

They are from the more recent War of Shadows when the Ophidians invaded Vesper again. Different cities had different types of monsters attacking them, like Britain Dragons, Skara Elementals etc etc. Was in 2009 i believe. These spellbooks dropped off the Caster Human NPCs, the ones that also dropped the cool coloured NPC armour.

7. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

MR books are from healers
    FCR books are from mages

Max mods I seen:
    mana regeneration 3
    spell damage increase 30%
    lower reagent cost 10%

and
    defense chance increase 10%
    spell damage increase 30%
    faster cast recovery 2
    lower mana cost 5%

mage's books are more common than healer's

8. Drafgard

Drafgard Guest

Found exactly the book i was after, paid the sum of 5m gold for it. Thanks to all those who gave what they knew :)