1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Guest, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am in the process of Gming inscription and I was wondering if regular spellbooks still sell or if its a waste of time making them. Also wondering what the slayers and Superslayers roughly are worth for regular books?

Any info would be great..

2. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 14, 2007
    you can make spell books at about 85 to gain, you fail more and you go through alot of blank scrolls. if you get a super slayer you can sell them for a nice return on the scrolls you buy.

i made books untill i ran out of scrolls, then i made 8th level scrolls to sell to npc to buy more scrolls.

in the end i made about 2.5m on selling spell books.
    also kept a few nice ones for myself.

altho i did end up hitting gm off making elemental scrolls. it just went faster.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Well creating higher lvl scrolls chews up alot of mana so the time you waste getting it back is time not spent trying for a gain. Once you reach the ability to craft spellbooks do so - the initial cost is higher because more scrolls used but there is no mana used to craft a spellbook so all time spent is posible gain time. Once you have crafted some Superslayers then your initial costs are made back quickly and yes it is possible to craft a superslayer at even 85skill, would suggest using a talisman w/high normal inscription bonus less fails then so better chance at a good spellbook.

fyi - dont worry about talisman w/crappy exp bonus as this has no good use for inscription at this time
  4. What I did 85-100 was craft scrolls until I had no more mana, then made books while waiting for mana to regen.