1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spelling error, As intended, or Coincidence, Dev's please say which.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flame (DrR), Apr 1, 2009.

1. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

Is this a spelling error, a coincidence, or as intended, devs please say which.

In the story A Short Time Ago written back in Jun 08 it mentions at the end a character named Braxyion, which I have always presumed to be a Wisp.

But reading a recent story called Platinum Dragons I am not so sure. The names are so similar that it has me wondering if it’s a typing error, coincidence or as intended.

I know this is possibly not a big thing but it changes how I see the bigger picture of the story.

Thanks Flame

2. If you want to see a real spelling error, go to the Yomotsu Mines and mark a rune. The rune will say "Yamotsu Mines" while all of the creatures inside the mines have the name "Yomotsu".

3. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Nice catch Flame. I think they are the same, some entity manipulating the dragons, playing both sides. Perhaps Lady Braxyion/Bryxion seeks to maintain a balance between them. Perhaps she is a leader of a neutral dragon faction.

4. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

Thats an obviouse spelling error, but this is not and it changes the story a little. These were put in here for a reason and it will be good to know who is who.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Or, maybe - Bryxion and Braxyion are different characters... Siblings, perhaps?

6. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

looks like we will have to take it as intended as we have heard nothing to confirm which it is.

7. KilandraEAMythic

VIP Stratics Veteran

Hi Everyone,

This is my spelling error. Lady Bryxion is the correct spelling and is the same entity that was noted as Braxyion. If they would just make Draconic a little bit easier to learn!!!

~Kilandra

8. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

thankyou for confirming this, we are really enjoying working putting the pieces together and seeing how everything works out.

*salutes*

Lady Flame