1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Spelling out numbers

Discussion in 'Toontown General Discussion' started by Desert Rose, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Desert Rose

Desert Rose Guest

I'm not sure if I am posting a new message, or commenting on a message already here, but I would like to ask a favor of anyone that reads this: Now that we have the new speedchat available, would someone post the best words to use for numbers, such as won, too, tree, maybe up to twenty, then by tens to one hundred? It would make it so much easier if we use the same words, and then we can answer questions that involve big numbers. Appreciate any suggestions...
  2. james64468

james64468 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    I give this a try. For example my big toon has a jellybean bank that is ten thousand jellybeans: you would put tin zero zero zero zero. Does that help?
  3. Desert Rose

Desert Rose Guest

Yes, I see where you are coming from, but I have seen so many different words used as numbers all around TT, that it becomes confusing! For example, if someone wants to say they need 36 merits, he or she would say what? :confused:
  4. Squeaker

Squeaker Guest

I am by no means an expert on this but those that know more than me aren't helping right now... Here's what I use for the basic numbers: won, too, tree, for, fie, sticks, sven, ate, fine (that's my hardest one - can be confused with five too easily), tin.

After that - hope you're a blue friend! Just kidding - you can use roman numerals up to 13. Then you get creative. For some reason you can say twenty and forty but none of the others. Hunter is hundred... That's all I can think of right now. I just woke up!

A friend and I had a great time running options the other day playing with chat plus. I was giving him my daughter's spelling words and he was making them into toon language. It was hilarious! Surprised we didn't get suspended for that one. He didn't know half of the definitions.. hehe
  5. Granjell

Granjell Guest

For hundred I use "hon dread" - but for thousands I still use either "oh oh oh" or "zero zero zero." I've seen lots of people using "mine" for nine. Then there's "eel heaven" and "delve"
  6. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

tin zero zero zero zero = 10 0 0 0 0 or 100000 or 100,000. :D

0 zero
    1 won
    2 too
    3 tree
    4 fore (some use for, I prefer fore to make the distinction)
    5 hive or fie
    6 sticks (some use ix which can cause confusion for IX or 9)
    7 sven
    8 ate
    9 IX (Roman numeral) or mine
    10 tin
    11 II (double capital i's)
    12 XII (Roman numeral)
    13 "one tree" or third teen
    14 fore teen
    15 fifi teen
    16 sticks teen
    17 sven teen
    18 ate teen
    19 IX teen or "mine teen"
    20 twin tee (haven't checked if "twenty" works, so I can't vouch for it yet)
    21 twin tee won (or 'too won')
    22 twin tee too (or 'too too')
    30 third tee
    40 forty
    50 fifi tee
    60 sticks tee
    100 won hon dread (or won oh oh)

If you see a few "numbers" being said in a row, then you have to put them together. won fore oh oh oh is 14,000 for example.

It's interesting that IX and XII will work but not X or XI. II is actually Roman numeral for 2, but looks like "11", so it's better to use it for that. "Too" for 2, "II" for 11. Easier than "II" for 2 and then trying to spell out eleven.

36 is either "tree sticks" or "third tee sticks"
  7. Okay Toon & Toonettes...here's the deal.
    If you say "Fifi Tee"...you're going to the POUND!
    :gun: Geez...if you can't just type "50", you need a new puter OR get a brain refund from Wal-Mart!
  8. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

Chat plus doesn't allow you to say "50".

Also see that they filter out the word "teen" now.
  9. Are you really sure about that? Maybe your big wolfie paws are keeping you from pressing a 5...then a zero. lol
  10. Kippy

Kippy Guest

speedchat plus filters it so your NON sf's can't see it.

u can't say ''adult'' but u can say ''adults''
    u can't say ''teen'' but u can say ''teens''

Thanks for being faster then me on this one Wolfie :scholar:

This is what I use: won, too, tree, fore, hive, fix, sven, ate, fine, tin, heaven, XII, third teens, fore teens.....
  11. ATIV7220

ATIV7220 Guest

Oooo, that could be confusing. I thought and have used "heaven" for seven.

12. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

sven is better, it's just like "seven" but missing an e.
  13. Yeah, isnt that name? That what counfused me, if someone said Sven, i could be like, oh your talking to blah blah blah.
  14. ATIV7220

ATIV7220 Guest

You are correct and I agree. I use "sven" now for seven. :)

But I don't think "heaven" is good for eleven. "El leavin" is better if you don't use "II."
  15. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

"el even" for eleven. :)
  16. ATIV7220

ATIV7220 Guest

Can't get any simpler than that. So why would anyone use "heaven"?