1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

Spellweavers Guild?

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Gladius, Feb 16, 2009.

  1. Gladius

    Gladius Guest

    Being new in Catskills may I seek direction on which guild has a healthy community of arcanist spellweavers for me to hook up with?

    Of course it would be a matter of being accepted by the Guild after meeting all their requirements for membership.

    I don't see too many spellweavers around much less bench warming in the Luna bank and I just missed one in reaper form the other day.

    Many thanks in advance.

    -G-
     
  2. Farsight

    Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3,191
    Likes Received:
    36
    I never have a problem finding 5 other characters to circle up with in the GRI/SnR alliance.

    Our main message boards are on UO Forums:
    http://www.uoforums.com/uo-catskills-guilds/
    We'll expect that you take the time to get to know us before we let you in the guild. Joining us on hunts is a good way to do that. You can usually find us in or around New Haven. Several of our crafters are usually posted around the bank and will be happy to let the members who are out hunting know that someone new wants to join in. Posting on the boards about your intention to get to know or join us also helps us in looking for you in game.

    We also have a few easy to follow rules:
    1. No foul language
    2. No cheating (unattended macroing included)
    3. Respect for all players (allied and non)
    4. No killing alliance members (only exception is sparring or insurance checks, but someone BETTER know about it first)
    5. If a help call goes out and you are able, please respond
    6. We help new players (armor, weapons, skill advice, templates, etc)
    7. If there is a security issue (stealing, scripting, snooping, Pk'ing, etc) I expect action or an explanation from an emmy or GM, either one.
     
  3. hawkeye_pike

    hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 15, 2008
    Messages:
    2,466
    Likes Received:
    11
    We have at least 5 spellweavers in our crew.
     
  4. Corvak

    Corvak Guest

    I've got a character both in the alliance, and in with the united pirates.

    Both groups are a great bunch of players, honestly.

    UP is 'the' place to be if you want to RP a pirate in UO, while the alliance is more of a bunch of players who want to help each other out, and do hunts together. There are no RP requirements for the alliance.

    The alliance has more members, but I don't know how many have spellweaving.
     
  5. Farsight

    Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3,191
    Likes Received:
    36
    Being in both UP and GRI, more often than not I go to the alliance for my weaving circle. On the other hand, both of my weavers are in the alliance as well.

    But when I notice one of the other pirate-weavers are on, I'll get them in on the circles as well.

    I also have one of my weavers perma-logged out in the prism with nothing but a death robe on. Maybe after the current events are over, I'll bring him back into action (I'm a pirate 90% of the time, the other 10% is taming). Until then, he saves the group 10k gold per trip.