1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spellweaving - Immolating Weapon question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Violence, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So at 120 SWeave, plus Arcane Empowerment plus a level 1 Arcane Focus I'm getting a Fireball effect that hits for 1 Damage for about 2-3 hits Vs. 70 Fire Resist.

I don't even have to form a question, you can guess it.
    Devs, any feedback?

2. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I know, it should be in the Casters forum.. but it really made me wonder. So out of 17 people reading this, nobody has actually used Immolating Weapon to notice this? .... :blushing:

3. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I cast it sometimes on my pvp necro/mage/spellweaver. It fizzles mages and I usualy do 3-4 extra, slightly delayed damage.(Staff of Magi)

4. Not worth the mana

5. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

It works as intended, but as the previous poster mentioned...its very mana intensive.

6. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

I never really messed with it, but all SW spells are pretty weak with a lvl 1 focus. Try it with a lvl 6 and see how it works out. If it's giving you 3-4 extra dmg through 70's resist, that's very powerful. Also, if the dmg is happening at a slightly different time than when your weapon applies dmg, that's going to interrupt mages pretty well.

7. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks a lot for replying, seems the spell is hardly worth it.
    Did the Devs say Spellweaving is going to get more attention in the near future?

8. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

why even bother with a level 1 focus ?
    it's worthless , as you can see :p

9. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You're right, Lvl 1 Focus is useless but what's the percentage by which ImmoWep damage will be increased anyway if it starts off with 1 Dmg? Not dramatic I believe. :(

Note that I'm not completely sure if Empowerment does anything to Immo. Forgot to try it without.. LOL.

Corpse Skin + Empowerment + Lvl 4-5 Focus.. I would use it if I were a Necro/Weave warrior with a very good Fireball weapon but then again most people run around with Corpseskin-proof armour.
    Does Corpse Skin lower resistances even MORE with Empo to bypass those uber suits? In general I wonder what kind of effects Empo will have on Chiv, Ninja, Samurai and Necro(Thinks Omen + Empowerment).

Another question is this : Which is the best order by which to cast spells to fully benefit from the increases of Spellweave?
    Empowerment -> Focus -> Empowerment -> Spell or doesn't the Focus itself become more potent if it is created under the effects of Empo? LOL

Oh well. If they ever do look into Weaving I hope they make most of those buff spells targettable so we can buff up friendlies! I'd love it if Essence of Wind etc were also like Wildfire, AOE in targetted area instead of like Wither.

10. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

I'm pretty sure you get 1 dmg per focus lvl, so you can do up to 6 per fireball. 6 extra dmg per hit is definitely substantial in pvp, but probably not as exciting in pvm.

11. Duku

Duku Guest

In pvm is a lot more, no only 6 for my personal experience with my SWampire