1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spellweaving Warrior

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Creeping_Death, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Creeping_Death

Creeping_Death Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Hi everyone
    I have just returned to UO from a few years break and am very interterested in trying out spellweaving and would like to make a spellweaving/warrior template but not sure which skills to take part and what stats should be at these days. any help would be much appreciated

2. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The most difficult part will be: Spellweaving spells require quite a lot of mana. So, make sure your INT is not too low.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I've tried a few spellweaving/warrior templates on TC, just to see if I could find a good one. I failed to find something that couldn't be done better in other ways.

But... here's what I've learned.
    1. Mana regeneration is important. The template HAS to have meditation. Spirit speak and wraith form could also be good.

2. You can use healing skill to heal your allured pets. Chivalry is also a nice thing to have for healing/curing/remove cursing.

3. I couldn't get good use out of immolate weapon, but I didn't have a high focus.

Anyhow, just for something to try:
    120 archery (or melee skill, but since your allured pet is your tank, you can keep your distance
    100 tactics
    100 anatomy
    90 healing
    100 weaving
    80 chivalry (no PvM warrior should be without chivalry)
    Leaving the rest of the points for meditation/focus or spirit speak/a little bit of necro.

I haven't tried the necromancy option, but with melee leeching mana in wraith form, mana shouldn't be an issue.

4. Duku

Duku Guest

I use it in wraith form

Archery 120
    Tactics 120
    Anatomy 120
    SW 100
    ResSpell 100
    SS 100
    Chivalry 70 (with jewel)

I Use slow archery weapons: Yumi, Crossbow, Heavy Xbow. When i dont swing, i cast spells.

Im building my suit, but more or less im convinced to use

Ornament + 1/3 jewel to cast very fast, both for chivalry, and for SW.

I m trying with RBC, Primer, Totem, Bane, Infinity, Jackal (not sure, probably a lmc SI gorget its better)

I dont care about DCI, i go in wraith, and i dont care about MR, im an elf

I use weapon from heartwood kit, so i have a good DI: 40 from exc, 10 from quiver, 10 from Divine (always in use, to reach hci 45), 20 from primer = 80

Im enjoying it a lot ^^

EDIT: with SS and chivalry with fc 4, besides of SW i dont need healing

5. GFY

GFY Guest

How do you go in wraith form with no necro?

6. Duku

Duku Guest

In the same way you cast VE

Midnight + 2 jewels +15 necro (40 its enough). Then you put out everything and dress your suit