1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spider Roof

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Irulia Darkaith, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When I first started this game I roleplayed drow on Catskills.

So when we were finally given the ability to custom design our homes, I tried to recreate a home worthy of the drow I roleplayed. Spiders play a big part in the drow culture so this is what I came up with several years ago. I am just publishing it now as I had a bad experience in the early days when someone completely lifted my entire house design and published it as their own. The big spider web is not supposed to be there, but this is the only photo I have. I have since taken the house down, but will probably put that spider roof back up on my new plot in Felucca.

Disclaimer: This is an original design, but I have had my house open to the public for a lot of years, so if someone else has taken and published this idea as their own, then so be it. I'll remove my post. I am currently in the process of reworking.

Attached Files:

2. Razz

Razz Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Nice lookin. Very original. I would have never thought to do that.

3. SevenFaith

SevenFaith Lore Master

What does it look like on the in game map ?

4. Irulia Darkaith

The screenshot I have shown here is actually the first draft. I redid the roof later to the new picture you see below but the legs still didn't show properly on the map. Maybe when I get around to moving the house to Felucca I'll come up with something using some new tiles or artwork, but not sure I'm going to keep it. I've had that roof for almost 7 years I think.

Oh, just an aside, you could actually walk around the roof a bit because of a secret door in the head and teleporters located all around the legs and the obvious one in the middle of the body. The body served as a sacrificial temple of sorts.

Attached Files:

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That is super awesome!