1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tailoring] Spined kit crafted leather bug?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Lorax_Pacific, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm trying to figure out whats going on with this spined kit. So I crafted pieces and they are all turning out 26 resists.

Base is 15 so 11 more resist is being applied to get 26. If it is applying my 5 for arms lore then that leaves only 6 for exceptional and every one is turning out exceptional. Exceptional is supposed to apply 9 more resist, but it isn't. I didn't get the memo on this change or am I really confused?

-Lorax

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

From the Tailoring FAQ:
    Stayin Alive,

BG

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Exceptional crafting with a runic, as long as I remember, has always been 6 random resists, instead of 15.

It is an intentional design feature, originally meant to make non-runic items supposedly hold some attraction (an idea that failed, except on Siege Perilous).

Ironically, that feature has made it more desirable to start with non-runic armor when imbuing, as you can get higher overall resists on an item (if you craft dozens of them, and look for ones where resists you want to imbue only received 0-2 points of the exceptional resist bonus) - with runics only of use if you want to have 1-2 resists of higher than 100% intensity (but counting as properties), to imbue the rest of the properties of the piece around (you can theoretically get a resist in the mid-20s with a runic, from the combination of the 6-11 exceptional random points combining with the base amount plus 15% from max intensity)

4. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Oops, thanks. Kind of makes Seed of Renewal required.

-Lorax