1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Spiral staircase help!

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Miri of Sonoma, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I am having some issues building a spiral staircase. I followed the steps in the post that has 25 pictures and it appears that what I have at the end is exactly the same.

[​IMG]

However the last part of the stair is much higher than the floor and the step behind it is too low. Also there is a gap where I am standing but the goza do not raise high enough to reach the floor. I am not sure what I did wrong. I didn't build it near an outside wall..could that be causing a problem?

I watched an old video of someone building an L-shaped staircase and I noticed he did some of the work on the second floor. I did all of this staircase on the first floor.

Can anyone help?

[​IMG]

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

why you don't put another floor tile instead of the goza?

3. Miri of Sonoma

Stratics Veteran

I can only place 2 floor tiles in the stair opening and it doesn't really help fix the stairs.

[​IMG]

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Odd because according to what I can see you should be able to place a tile right at the top of that stair.... on the NE corner of that opening. I'd try again if I was you because that tile in the NE corner should go.

5. Miri of Sonoma

Stratics Veteran

This is what I get when I cover the whole opening with floor tiles

[​IMG]

This is what happens when I remove the 4 illegal ones from the first picture.

[​IMG]

I don't think I can make this work in this spot. *frowns* Unless one of you design genius' can think of a solution, I am going to change it to an L-shaped stair.

6. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

On the wall that you have there at the stairwell put an arch on the end of it... or add another wall to the East. I think that's east. That should fix it.

Either that or in the center of your stair put an arch...... just one side. I do think you need to put a wall out towards the east. I think that will fix it.

Oh to clarify on the first bottom floor there.

7. Miri of Sonoma

Stratics Veteran

Yay! Success. :thumbup: Thank you MalagAste for the advice. I was trying to avoid walls on the first floor to make it look more like a fishing dock but I think I can live with the arch. I can cover it up with nets and ivy.

[​IMG]

I closed up the opening on the west side of the stairs since I couldn't walk there anyway. But I am happy I didn't have to move my spiral staircase to the side! *smiles*

[​IMG]

Now I just have to clean this place up! Stuff everywhere rolleyes:

8. MalagAste

Glad I could help.