1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

*SPOILER* client 7.0.35.23 text strings

Discussion in 'UHall' started by R Traveler, Sep 16, 2014.

1. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Something really interesting not in patch notes yet:

Impassable items placed in this area will be automatically placed in this container.
    The container is emptied every 10 minutes.

2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

probably something to do with VvV areas, to prevent blocking the alters.

3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Or the entrance to Blackthorn's dungeon.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  4. Peekay

Peekay Slightly Crazed

Or literally anywhere bagballs can be placed to further enforce a chokepoint.

Scott likes this.
  5. Scott

Scott Certifiable
    Professional Alumni Campaign Benefactor

Now you are being back the old days of sigil protection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

http://uo.com/article/TC1-Patch-Notes

"Impassable objects placed at the entrance of Dungeon Blackthron will be placed in the nearby barrel. This barrel will delete its contents every ten minutes or when the number of items inside the barrel reaches 125."

7. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

It was posted few days after spoiler.

8. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Now perhaps the developers can figure out how to automatically place AFK scriptors in Blackthorn's Dungeon into trash barrels and delete their accounts after 10 minutes.

9. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Really? Get over it. If it bothers you that much, get a char with detect hidden, watch where the pet goes (it always returns to the tamer, if you're unaware), then use it and page on them.

10. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

cant detect hidden in trammel I think, theres only 2 ways for revealing players in trammel. the first one (and im not sure if its legal) is to lure a lich or dragon near the spot you think the player in question is hidden, then invis yourself at that spot and the monster should cast reveal magery spell and you have a chance that it reveals both of you ! the chance might increase with the monster's magery skill so I guess you'd have more chance doing this with a greater dragon...
    Second way would be to lure that snow elemental that does cold area damage and bring it near the hidden player spot, then it should reveal him (I havent tested this way tho)

11. drcossack

Luring in Tram is not legal, but it doesn't stop people - it's why I stopped going to Tram Blackthorn. On Lake Superior, people lure in Fel Blackthorn too, all because they can't pvp. Haven't been down there since I got a second Doublet...unless I see there's a "party" going on down there, because it gets mentioned in gen chat by the only other guy who goes down there.

12. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

actually thats not true.
    if the pet is set to 'follow' it will, but if you tell your pet to 'stay' then hide it will wonder around after it kills.

13. drcossack

I've set it up with "All follow me", then "all guard me", so that's why it returns. But I'll remember that if I go down there again; it also means I'd have to lure the greater away too, which I hate doing (takes too long)

@Kyronix - is it possible to make the greater dragon in Blackthorn return to where it spawns if it's taken, say, 10 tiles out of its designated area? The Captains will zap back to the town they're based in, but doing it for the greater would cut down on luring.

14. Poo

the only person who would want the greater dragon to leashed up so it cant move would be a unattended macroer who does not want to be disturbed.
    if your attended killing a greater dragon with your own is a 10 second job at most.
    so i vote no.

Parnoc likes this.
  15. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

ohbut you're not luring in the intentions to kill the player , just reveal you can lure the dragon away after, its just to reveal the hidden player then report im, sorry but if the hidden player is unnatending maccroing, you cant be worst that that imo

16. drcossack

People (on Lake Superior, anyway) will lure on you even if you're attended. Doesn't matter if it's Fel (while luring is legal there, it's still lame as hell) or Tram.

btw, 10 seconds to kill a greater with your own? LOL, no way. I have a fully trained 4.3 greater and it needs at least a minute to kill a wild one.

If you think killing the player isn't why they're luring in Tram, you're sadly mistaken, and incredibly naive.

In Fel? Yeah, you can lure the tamer's pet away, and I've done it. But I didn't use spawn to do it. I beat the ever-loving crap out of it myself (and when the guy noticed his pet was missing, it was redlined. I went back and helped him heal it up), but both @CovenantX and I (btw, we always farm attended, except he does it on a sampire) get lured on in Fel too, because people are too afraid to take counts/get their asses kicked.

#16 drcossack, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    CovenantX likes this.
  17. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Better yet... I use my stealth herder to annoy the scriptors and lure their pets out of the rooms. It's great fun to get their dragon stuck between the doors.

And I do know who is AFK and who is not.

18. Poo

disco, attack, bard masteries, rinse, repeat.

19. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Don't need to kill the hidden tamer.... just their pet. That will stop them from unattended slaying and you can take the area. So luring the GD over there and waiting for it to kill the unattended tamers pet is about the only recourse you have against them since paging is a 2 week deal and will only serve to annoy you. You can page all you like but it won't do any good...

If the tamer is "attended" they will notice the GD and kill it. No harm no foul. If they aren't attended the wild GD will kill their pet and again no harm no foul they will no longer be gathering free mini's while at work or asleep and you can farm them attended.

20. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There are a lot faster ways to kill a greater dragon than with a tamed greater dragon, I don't care how good you think yours is. There are other pets that will kill it faster as well.